Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shuttle/Bus to Raheen Ind. Est.?

Options
  • 05-02-2008 3:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Shortly moving to Limerick and taken a job in the Industrial Estate. Is there a regular shuttle or bus that goes from or around Ennis Road?

thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

There's the Dell bus :)
    I don't know what they're like regarding checking ID these days but I've heard of people availing of this service in the past.

Besides that your only option is getting the Coonagh Roundabout (305) or Caherdavin (302) buses into town and getting the Raheen bus (304?) from outside Brown Thomas. I used to do this (Caherdavin bus) when I was working there on co-op, but they were far from reliable and I recall one day running all the way up O'Connell St. trying to chase the Raheen bus. Good times...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

There's one bus in the morning about 7:30 from Brown Thomas that goes directly into the Ind Est up to Flextronic. Interestingly that bus said many many times it goes to Shannon. Only God knows why... Or Bus Eireann...

I never took this bus but i've passed it every morning at O'Connel St and I know people taking it. Those people were saying the sign on the bus says always Shannon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭Shan75

The majority of the buses from Brown Thomas to Raheen(304) go into the Industrial Estate now up as far as Banta(RR Donnelly as it's now called)I think the only one that doesn't is the one going to Raheen via Greenfields(304A I think).There's buses to Raheen now pretty much every 10-15 minutes.The only direct bus from Ennis Road is the Dell one and a lot of the time they check for ID badges now and you'd be lucky if they let you on without it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭helios

It might actually work... I have an old Dell badge from when I worked in Cherrywood :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

I think the ones here say "Limerick" on them. I wore one for 7 months and I'm not sure though...

• Advertisement

helios wrote: »
    It might actually work... I have an old Dell badge from when I worked in Cherrywood :)

If you do decide to get the Dell Bus prepare yourself for a long journey as it picks up at Jury's(Or whatever it's now called) before 07:00, does a tour of the City's northside and then into the city centre before finally heading out and arriving in Dell at 07:50 approx.Still it gives you a chance to wake up properly.

I think the ones here say "Limerick" on them. I wore one for 7 months and I'm not sure though...

Just checked mine and it doesn't say Limerick.The new ones might though.Mine is about 13 years old.

Advertisement