Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dogs and ear mites

Options
  • 05-02-2008 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭

Hi

I have an 8 month old westie. Last time he was getting groomed, the lady said he has some ear mites. This was a few weeks ago. Now i got the drops to put in, which he hates and is very hard to do, but the mites still seem to be there as around his ears are brown. Is there any tablets i can get for this as i dont know if the drops are doing the trick.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

You also need to clean out the ears. Just put a little of the drops in his ears and gently wipe out with some cotton wool. Don't use a cotton bud or ever insert anything into your dogs ear. If you can't manage it yourself then get your vet/groomer to do it at your next visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭glineli

Toulouse wrote: »
    You also need to clean out the ears. Just put a little of the drops in his ears and gently wipe out with some cotton wool. Don't use a cotton bud or ever insert anything into your dogs ear. If you can't manage it yourself then get your vet/groomer to do it at your next visit.

Thanks, will try that later. He goes mental when he sees me coming with the drops hehehe

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Some pet shops also sell ear wipes. They are moistened with special ear cleaning solution and work really well ...kinda like baby wipes.

Our dogs looooove getting their ears cleaned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭glineli

peasant wrote: »
    Some pet shops also sell ear wipes. They are moistened with special ear cleaning solution and work really well ...kinda like baby wipes.

Our dogs looooove getting their ears cleaned.

i must have a look out for them, would be very handy!!! cheers

Advertisement