Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best FIsh Tank Filters And Where To Buy In Dublin?

Options
  • 05-02-2008 3:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

I Have A Large Fish Tank I Personnally Think The Filter IS Not Good Enough So I Was Wondering If Anyone COuld Recommend A Good Filter And A Good Pet Shop That Sells Filters And Tropical Fish In Dublin

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

I Have A Large Fish Tank I Personnally Think The Filter IS Not Good Enough So I Was Wondering If Anyone COuld Recommend A Good Filter And A Good Pet Shop That Sells Filters And Tropical Fish In Dublin

Cheers

i used to use internal filters as they are so much bother to clean ,now i use the external fluval filter so easy and longer lasting for cleaning and less noisy.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭cichlid child

i personally think fluval are the best interior or external filter all aquatic shops will have them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Audy

Hey, I've always used the cascade filters. We had a 200l tank with two of them in it and very rarely needed to change the filters. You'd but them in most pet shops and there quite cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭ValerieR

Hi Mark,

Any good fish shop would have filters that you can add to your tank (internal or external depending on your preference). There are a number of shops in Dublin which would be of good advice such as Aquatic Village in Brittas, Wackers on the Long Mile Road, PetStop in Blanchardstown, Fintastic in Dun Laoghaire ... There are probably more shops which hold these in stock too.
    Of course, you also have the good auld internet ... :-)

The link below corresponds to the Filter category of the ITFS discussion forum where you might learn about people's various experiences with all sorts of filters.
    http://www.irishfishkeepers.com/cms/component/option,com_fireboard/Itemid,28/func,showcat/catid,17/

I hope this helps.
    Kindest regards,
    Valerie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

i personally think fluval are the best interior or external filter all aquatic shops will have them

ahem i already answered this subject?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Fishyfreak

Stay well clear of the Fluval externals, the seals would drive you demented.

The tetratec externals are cheap and are quality filters. I got mine online, can't remember the site but it was an irish online retailer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Arcadian

Fishyfreak wrote: »
    Stay well clear of the Fluval externals, the seals would drive you demented.

The tetratec externals are cheap and are quality filters. I got mine online, can't remember the site but it was an irish online retailer.

I use both and much prefer the Tetratec, they're quieter and much easier to maintain, they also have locks on all four sides as opposed to Fluvals two sided approach:D

As for where to buy, I'd suggest zooplus.ie as they're much cheaper than any of the shops mentioned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

TRy fish antics on York Rd Dunlaoghaire. They have a good website
    http://www.fishantics.com/

Advertisement