Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rights question

Options
  • 05-02-2008 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I recently ordered an electronic product from a uk website (www.wizardsatellite.co.uk) on the reccomendation of a friend. Got an email saying the product was shipped afew hours after i placed the order (on the 6th of january).

The website said to expect order in 3-5 working days, there is still no sign of the product, to this date i have sent 4 emails to the address on the website to no reply and tried ringing them atleast 10 times to no answer.

I placed the order using a student AIB c/c, would i be insured against non delivery in this case and what other course of action would i be right in taking?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

What method of shipping did they quote, did they provide a tracking number?

If you cannot get any satisfaction from them you will be able to get your money back through the credit card company, ring them up and ask them to do a chargeback.

I thought I had read something bad about them before, sure enough a quick google came up with this thread from DS: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=18877913

I think your friend deserves a slap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

Tell me about it, they said it would be sent by standard postage but no tracking number (it was the first thing i asked them for once i seen it was taking ages)

Its very frustrating but once im not down any cash at the end of it, it wont be so bad

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

There's a 60 day limit on chargebacks, so make sure you do it before that's up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 archie666

Hi,
    I got my Kryptview next day from http://www.theboxgenie.com and they are the same price as wizard.
    Great coms as well. Got e-mail confirming order minutes after I placed it and an e-mail when item sent with tracking number.
    They use Paypal as well, so if you have probs you've got protection through Paypal. Don't need an account to use to either.

Advertisement