Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GPA Question

Options
  • 05-02-2008 4:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

Trying to figure out my current overall GPA prior to last ever exams in UCD-have got this far

Best 6 from last year; 1x A-, 5x B+, Stage GPA of 3.63 (assuming we're still being tested on our six best from last year...can anyone confirm this?)

This year so far; A, A-, 2x B, B-, 2x C+, Semester GPA of 3.4

So if I add together all my grades of the subjects on which my degree is based (13 so far, with 5 to come in summer), I end up with 45.6. Then divide by the number of subjects I'm being assessed in (13 so far) I get 3.5.

This method is based on the 'key terms explained' help page from the SU...my maths is basically a bit dodgy, can anyone tell me whether this is a valid way of working out my current overall (Stage 2+half of stage 3) GPA?

More to the point, does this mean if I perform well enough in my final 5 exams I can raise my GPA by 0.18, i.e. get a first?

Edit: I would have to get A+ in all my remaining courses to get a first if this is right....Not likely!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭t_ucd

A = GPA this semester = 5/18 total
    3.5 = GPA last semester = 13/18 of total

--> A*5/18 + 3.5*13/18 = 3.68

--> A = 4.15, which is the GPA you'd need to get a first overall.

So you could get 4 A+s and 1 A - takes a bit of pressure off anyway!

Advertisement