Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Tonight in Wired!!1

Options
  • 05-02-2008 4:16pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Heading down to wiredgaming this evening to play Call of Duty around 8 if anybody wants to join us. Grasshopa and another anonymous boardsie are coming too, do come along!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Will be there with bells on, great night last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Fracture

fs, i have to work at 8 tonight :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

damnit - obviously going to have to check this forum more often...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Ah yeah was good, stayed til half 3. :O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭RabidDog

Yeah it was a good night, four of us had a game of Supreme Commander Forged Alliance which lasted 3 hours (I won :)) - didn't leave til 4am. :rolleyes:

Last night was Comp Soc night (though it's open to everyone) and tonight (Wednesday) is FanSci Soc night (again open to everyone). There's talk of merging both on Wednesday nights though, so we'll see what happens (I'll post here with any updates).

Also we have two free Showcase Tournaments coming up this weekend, you can find more info on the LAN Parties forum here.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Ah I was wondering was something on, what with the free food or did you do it all the time. Lovin' it. Might pop back tonight if nothings on.

The free meals are something I usually do every so often, with the help of the Kebab House. ;)

I would like to make it a permanent fixture for late nights/lock-ins in the form of a subsidised meal (€1.50 for the burger and chips).

FanSci Soc are due in tonight at 10pm (after their weekly meet in NUIG) and there are usually people around before that too of course. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Shamrogue

RabidDog wrote: »
    I would like to make it a permanent fixture for late nights/lock-ins in the form of a subsidised meal (€1.50 for the burger and chips).

I think the free chips and burgers sounds better. Great nights fun though. Many more to follow

Sham
    AKA - BlackKnight

• Registered Users Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Hey rabid thanks again for the free grub! Good night last night , pity i couldn't stay around for team fortress , had a lab this morning at 9!

Friend of mine was chatting to Andy from the compsoc and he was saying he's going to make a big effort to organize it next week so expect big numbers next tuesday (it was last second yesterday)! Its a pity our exams are starting soon , we'll have to give it up soon enough!

Witnessmenow - aka witnessmenow!

Shamrogue wrote: »
    I think the free chips and burgers sounds better.

lol, chancer ;)

I don't think we really gave Team Fortress 2 a good chance last night, we must have a good big game next time.

We were thinking of moving it to Wednesday nights (this would mean joining it with FanSci's night). The only problem I could see there is lack of spaces, with around 14 FanSci attending that would only leave 24 spaces for Comp Soc (and four for others who want to attend - including me ;)). On the plus side it would mean we'd be gaurenteed a full house.

Anyway, whatever happens it'll be good craic. :D

• Advertisement

Yeah, that would be good. Subsidised chips for me, no burger thanks! :-)

We had a big debate last night about how much you get thingsd cheaper if you get them in bulk like you do.
    It led to knifing.
    >_>

Well normally a burger is €2.20 and a regular chip is €2.20. At €1.50 I would be subsidizing the meal around 50% (it also depends on quantity ordered).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

:0

Ugh, this is going to be painful with work.. but I guess it must be done - especially if there are these subsidised foodz!

• Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Wednesdays mightn't be too bad for us actually. No early morning lab... until 11. I wonder will it be too packed though? Probably a max of 20 compsoc, 14 fansci group and the 4 that rabid was talking about. Thats a fair amount of people, ~38.
    How many PCs are there?

BlackKnight

[SIZE=-2]I created a new boards profile[/SIZE]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭kevin216

I had a goodtime the last two nights, let play some more unreal Tournaments 3,it's great, i'll be called player this time;),

That 'player' guy is awesome. Think he had a vendetta against me.

We have 38 systems but 6 are down for repairs (we're waiting on replacement components).

So that leaves 32 currently.

FanSci 10 / CompSoc 20 / Others 2 would probably be a good split, at least until we get the other 6 systems online. It's not great (each could use a few more spaces), but since it will be a weekly thing that mightn't be too bad...

I think we'll have more fun with UT3 next time, since people are a bit more used to it.

Anyone interested in strategy games? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭sharkDawg

Unreal Tournament 3 should be removed from the pc's imo! Give me COD any day :D

RabidDog wrote: »
    Anyone interested in strategy games? :)

Strategy are good, but take too long. (memories of 7 hour long games of Age of empires in college)

Well warcraft should only take 20-30 minutes a game. ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭Wompa1

-Originally Posted by The_Dazzler - Paraphrased by me
    Just annoys me so much people n Galway are so ignorant of 'Gaming'.

I find if you're around late (2am) an RTS is a great way to finish the night. After the a few hours of twitchy action playing FPS they're a great way to relax (imo).

I think I know what you mean Wompa1, but that can change. We had Wired out in Athenry (Co. Galway) for three years and only about 5% of our members had ever played a game on a PC before. It was a great experience though because they were so fresh, they had no predjuces about games or weapons, they liked what they liked. For example the majority of them preferred CoD/CoD2 over CSS, a situation which is reversed almost everywhere else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭kevin216

COD4 is the best game ever I don't even see the point in playing another game,I mean WOW "High-quality story mode packs in a lot of thrilling and unexpected moments Well-designed multiplayer progression gives you something to shoot for online Terrific audiovisual presentation. " really you could uninstal every other game on your PC's it's just so great maybe you could rename Wired to COD4 that would be great too, or have it when you log in you go straight in to COD4 that would be great and save time too .

kevin216 wrote: »
    COD4 is the best game ever I don't even see the point in playing another game,I mean WOW "High-quality story mode packs in a lot of thrilling and unexpected moments Well-designed multiplayer progression gives you something to shoot for online Terrific audiovisual presentation. " really you could uninstal every other game on your PC's it's just so great maybe you could rename Wired to COD4 that would be great too, or have it when you log in you go straight in to COD4 that would be great and save time too .

I certainly wont challenge you to a rant!
    But loging in a going straight to COD4 would save valuable seconds! Seconds of which i could be knifing your ass! MWAHHHAHHAHA!!

I may have only played COD4 three times now, but I can not resist trying to knife everybody.

Twenty seven knife kills on Wet Work, priceless. :rolleyes:

Oh and a tip, set one of the side buttons on your mouse to knifing. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Or get the silent movement perk and become a sneaksy backstabbing dirtbag like the top FanSci heads...

Hmm. I was using d to knife, maybe middle mouse click or a side button would be better.
    I've yet to get most of the perks but this silent one that will make me more dirtbag intrigues me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Oh, if you want to be really universally hated, take the M60 and get the stopping power and deep impact perks. Then just randomly spray every building until you get a kill. You need never aim again!

• Advertisement

Many a person will come to regret me being told this.
    /Engage the stopping power, deep impact and martyrdom perks.

Advertisement