Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Tonight in Wired!!1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭mike o

nope, rpgx2,stopping power,and double tap on my m60 ftw!
    plus next person to kill me with a 50.cal will be physically beaten

• Registered Users Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

you were using d to knife? what were you using to move?!

the bottom of the side mouse buttons is what i use to knife, i think thats how most do it

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Like all games I use right click to run, ctrl to go backwards, alt for left, space for right, z for duck, a for jump etc.

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Like all games I use right click to run, ctrl to go backwards, alt for left, space for right, z for duck, a for jump etc.

How the heck did you come up with that configuration! If it wasnt for the set configuration of asdw then perhaps I could understand but your just breaking all standards.
    Im not sure whether to point or to applaud...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

When I started playing I tried a lot of configurations to see what was the best/fastest. People get confused as to why I have two different second fire function buttons, it just works better ok! :d
    Only annoying thing is changing it every time I get a game or play on somebody elses computer.

• Advertisement

remind me never to let you play any games on my computer! That is easily the weirdest config i've ever heard of!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

While mine's not that wierd I also have to change it everytime I use another computer. I ran out of keys so I don't actually have a knife key (at least not that I can practically use)...but I don't really miss it.

Arrows - movement
    Del - Sprint
    Pg Down - throw Grenade
    End- Hold Breath
    Ctrl - Crouch
    Shift - Jump

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭RabidDog

The Call of Duty 4 profile saves to your account in Wired so that no matter what computer you use, it's always there. So, you key settings will follow you. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭sharkDawg

Hmm, are you dyslexic? :p

Just obsessive. :_)

• Advertisement

So whats the story here then? Is it compsoc and co in tomorrow night as usual or is there a merge going on for wednesday nights with fansci?
    Im beginning to need my fix!

Mmm free warcraft tournament.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭kevin216

So whats the story here then? Is it compsoc and co in tomorrow night as usual or is there a merge going on for wednesday nights with fansci?
    Im beginning to need my fix!

yes we need to make plans???????????
    ?
    ?

Well i think myself and many other Electronic classmates are heading down there tomorrow (Tuesday). Actually, your a classmate kevin216. But to everyone else, im sure there'll be about 7 or 8 of us electronics heading there. Any other compsoc lads joining us again?

Ah, a lesser electronic engineering class...

At least our keyboard configuration makes sense.

Maybe only 7 of us, but as a good friend of mine once said, "more is more"

No hoody for you...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭RabidDog

Hey guys,

It looks like this week will be Tuesday/Wednesday as usual, next week will mostly likely see both merged into Wednesday.

I'll post more info about next Wednesday later (CompSoc and FanSci have agreed, just need to confirm it and get the word around). :)

We'll run a small competition/tournament on the merged (Wednesday) night (I assume everyobe will agree with Call of Duty 4?), should add some extra spice. ;) We can rotate the game each week, to keep it fresh.

No hoody for you...

My idea was better for it.

"Resistance is Futile
    If < 1 Ohm"

COD4 is fine yeah.

In other news, A in VHDL, WOOO.

That is funny, pity i wasn't told it!

Dont talk to me about digital, got a "c" that i'm very disappointed with, i'll have to have a chat with my ol buddy ferghal.....

• Advertisement

Dont talk to me about digital, got a "c" that i'm very disappointed with, i'll have to have a chat with my ol buddy ferghal.....

Oh build a bridge and get over it. A C isnt exactly a bad result. Sure you put in plenty of effort, but s*** happens. Think of the poor children in Africa, they dont even know about the power tool of which VHDL is!

And what a tool it is. One more vhdl exam and it's all over. :)

Gaming tonight in wired if any boardsies want to go.

I wonder is Xilinx installed on the Wired PC's?

Good job Tar, i also got an A :D

So, want to do standard or hardcore VHDL?
    :D

So, want to do standard or hardcore VHDL?
    :D
    No, no. Dont start that. We already have a title of nerds, dont justify it further.
    Im gonna play COD4, you can do your VHDL if ya like.
    Hardcore is pretty cool though, we'll see what our survey says....

I think its quite apparent that hardcore if far beyond my grasp!

No, no. Dont start that. We already have a title of nerds, dont justify it further.

I'd imagine there messing:p

Who is this guy? Clearly not up to the hardcore standard!

Hardcores not so bad. It more fun... in a way. You really appreciate radar then. Played it for the first time last week. Not too shabby. We'll decide tonight.

Or were you saying hardcore VHDL is to hard for you because you got a C?

sharkDawg wrote: »
    Who is this guy? Clearly not up to the hardcore standard!

HEY! I know where you live! Knife!

• Advertisement

Did you hand up that VHDL project yet?

Also ban him double post:)

Advertisement