Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MSc in Strategic Management

Options
  • 05-02-2008 4:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭

Hey :)

I have been having this dilemma for a while now. To go for a Masters degree or not. Obviously I have chosen to do it and DIT's MSc in Strategic Management seemed the most appropriate for me. Anyway, any reviews on this programme? Hard to get in? Worth studying?

Another option is Smurfit's MSB in HRM.

Una xxx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 thecatempire

im in here doing a master in sumtin else at the minit, but i did strat man as a subject last year for my degree and absolutly hated it. but aparently the masters in strat man in dit is realy good. Phone up the head of the department and talk to them about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Unaton

Thanks! I guess I'll just have to talk to somebody at DIT.

I also did Strategic Management as a subject for my BA degree but I on the other hand totally loved it. This stuff fascinates me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,505 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Unaton wrote: »
    Thanks! I guess I'll just have to talk to somebody at DIT.

I also did Strategic Management as a subject for my BA degree but I on the other hand totally loved it. This stuff fascinates me :)

Hi, I did MSc Strategic management from 2001-2003 and was also fascinated by the material. Hugely helpful in shaping my business perspective. Course material and measures have probably been refined since then, as its also offered fulltime. Some of us felt though that it was a little academic at times and not immersed deeply enough in the practice of strategy!

If anyone reading wants to buy the following textbooks, let me know: -

Images of Organisation, Gareth Morgan
    Organisation Theory, (4th ed) Derek S. Pugh (editor)
    Strategic management of technology and Innovation, Burgelman et al. 3rd edition.

All in as new unmarked condition. For reasonable prices off retail

• Registered Users Posts: 13 mehmoodsha

Unaton wrote: »
    Hey :)

I have been having this dilemma for a while now. To go for a Masters degree or not. Obviously I have chosen to do it and DIT's MSc in Strategic Management seemed the most appropriate for me. Anyway, any reviews on this programme? Hard to get in? Worth studying?

Another option is Smurfit's MSB in HRM.

Una xxx

Hi Una,

I am thinking to start MSc stat man part time in DIT. I was looking for the review from past students but couldn't find out.
    Have you done this course? I would really appreciate it if you give me some details on this course regarding its practical & theoratical aspects. Aslo the quality of lectures and dit facilities regarding this course. How this course help you in your job?

Thanks

An Ri rua wrote: »
    Hi, I did MSc Strategic management from 2001-2003 and was also fascinated by the material. Hugely helpful in shaping my business perspective. Course material and measures have probably been refined since then, as its also offered fulltime. Some of us felt though that it was a little academic at times and not immersed deeply enough in the practice of strategy!

If anyone reading wants to buy the following textbooks, let me know: -

Images of Organisation, Gareth Morgan
    Organisation Theory, (4th ed) Derek S. Pugh (editor)
    Strategic management of technology and Innovation, Burgelman et al. 3rd edition.

All in as new unmarked condition. For reasonable prices off retail

Hi,

I am thinking to start MSc stat man part time in DIT. I was looking for the review from past students but couldn't find out.
    Have you done this course? I would really appreciate it if you give me some details on this course regarding its practical & theoratical aspects. Aslo the quality of lectures and dit facilities regarding this course. How this course help you in your job?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 shanedfarrell

Hi,

Was wondering if anyone else could add to this thread as I was also thinking about applying for this MSc but havent really heard much from past pupils. Deadline for application is fast approaching so would really appreciate some thoughts on it?

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

Has anyone signed up for this for this year? A friend of mine got her MSc a year ago and said it was hard work, but worth all the effort and was instrumental in her getting a fairly good job afterwards. It looks good.

Has anyone signed up for this for this year? A friend of mine got her MSc a year ago and said it was hard work, but worth all the effort and was instrumental in her getting a fairly good job afterwards. It looks good.

Hi,

Thanks for your comments. I have signed up for this course and waiting for acceptance letter. In what sector your friend got job? What was your friend's previous experience/background?
    Will appreciate your response.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭macannrb

Bump

Im interested in doing this course? is there anyone around who has done it, and can offer a bit of advice?

What roles is it of use for? How would it help your thinking? I am working in a banking/financing job, would this help? Would it help with a management position in the future? Or is this course aimed more towards consultancy type jobs

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 hoolahoop

I've sent in an application for this course. Any ideas how long it takes for them to let you know whether or not you have been accepted? Would also love to hear from other people who have done the course, how difficult you found it (I'm nervous about the more technical aspects of it eg computer mapping based modules), typical career paths post graduation, age profile of class, how many students on the course. Any and all info welcome! Thanks :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Dannyg90

hey i got an offer for this course was seeing if anyone else has here too?
    also has anyone who has done this course previously got any comment on it?

Advertisement