Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a GOOD cleaner please - again!

Options
  • 05-02-2008 4:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi all, I know this topic came up before. Im in the grove and am searching desperately for a good cleaner, never realised what a task it would be to get one. I've used 3 different women so far and was dissapointed each time. Im reluctant to keep "testing" them until I come across a good one because to be honest its too expensive not to be guaranteed a good service. So please, please does anyone have a good hard working cleaner that can actually wash a floor properly that they can recommend! Thanks a mil :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭GAN

I'm going to be trying this crowd: www.timeforyou.ie. If my memory serves me correctly it's 12.95 per hour, of which you pay the 2.95 quarterly in advance to the company, then pay the rest to the cleaner on the day. Will let you know how I get on, but I know they do have cleaners available in Greystones.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭MegFi

I know of someone who arranges private house cleaning - Elly is her name. - Please PM me for her contact details, etc. You pay a little extra as she recruits, initially supervises and trains in the member of staff for your house. She is an ex-5 star hotel accommodation manager so knows what she is doing!
    There is another thread on this subject somewhere with Charlesland/Greystones section!.....
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Johnc72

We've been using Ellie. My wife is about to have a baby so we thought we'd get someone in to clean once a week. Have to say they do a fantastic job. I strongly recomend them

that's nice to hear!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ellamac

Hiya - I'm definitely going to go with Elly as I've had problems and find alot of cleaning companies are very expensive. I was paying €25 per hour - so 12.50 is a bargain!

• Advertisement

...I think she (Elly) is about €15/hour and a registration fee of €70 or something, but don't quote me on it.....check with her. F

Hiya, contacted Elly last night and yep - €75 reg fee and then €12.50 an hour. You gain Elly for the first 'clean' as she shows the cleaner what to do etc and they sort of do an initial spring clean and then it's the cleaning lady on her own. Still way cheaper than what i was paying. On top of that I had to pay extra for cleaning of fridge, oven & windows etc but this is all covered in Elly's rate!

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭GAN

could you PM me her details as well please?

Hi - her contact number is [snip] and the company name is VIP Services. Good luck! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Ella,

Please don't post phone numbers on the board. PM those who requested it.

Thanks,

M

• Advertisement

Sorry.... i got the number from an earlier thread.....

you did?

*starts rooting around

Finished rooting... Number deleted. Don't know how I missed that the last time... Sorry MegFi

GAN wrote: »
    could you PM me her details as well please?

Just PM'ed you with it.

you did?

*starts rooting around

Finished rooting... Number deleted. Don't know how I missed that the last time... Sorry MegFi

No prob.
    We were allowed post numbers then I think, were we? or always the same?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Starsie

:) Hey there, could you PM those details to me as well please if thats ok. I really want to make sure the Housesit we are doing will be EXTRA shiny and clean, while we are there.

We usually use a house cleaner when we house sit.. Although I clean all the time, its nice to get that "spesh" touch for the owners.

Cheers heaps..

Starsie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 marcon

Hi all,
    Just wondering could you PM me Elly's number as well. Have been searching through a few other cleaning agencies but always prefer to go with one that people can recommend.

Much appreciated.

The details were added to the Useful numbers and links thread a while back: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055099358

Yes - that's right...

- Elly is under "Household & Building related services"; Cleaning services - VIP Cleaning services

Thanks Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 marcon

Thanks Mike - Much Appreciated

Advertisement