Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vista + passport external hdds

• 05-02-2008 4:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭

I was told that the WD Passport externals dont work with vista? Can anyone confirm this?

I'm in the market for a small hdd for work as lugging a WD MyBook or two thru airports isn't nice. I had my eye on the 160gig WD PP but if it doesn't work with my home vista machine it's kinda useless.

If it doesn't work, can anyone suggest a good reliable small form external drive?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Not sure where you heard that but it's a load of crap to be honest. They do work on Vista no problem, in fact I have one hooked up to my laptop running Vista Business at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Perfect. Good to know.

ty sm

Sorry, it was the older pp drives that won't work. I'm gonna assume you have the pp II model.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,941 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Got me one hooked in right now. Never heard any complaints about the older models but meh - I bought this a month ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

kaimera wrote: »
    Perfect. Good to know.

ty sm

Sorry, it was the older pp drives that won't work. I'm gonna assume you have the pp II model.

It is the Passport II I believe, yes. Though I haven't had any problems with the older model either. Must just be a driver issue. Should be easy enough to find online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭mathias

Ive got one myself , its hooked up now , never a problem with it. Its a USB 2.0 passport , 160GB , and I bought it when I was still running XP and that was nearly a year ago now , it has always worked fine for me in Vista

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Thanks for the replies :)

Advertisement