Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Compensation

• 05-02-2008 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

My semester one results are out shortly and I have a feeling that I failed one module. I have a feeling that I received about 33% for the module. Does anyone know if I would be able to apply for a compensation?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭carlowboy

You'd need 35% for that I would think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭GavMan

Technically, you do need 35%
    However, its very much at the discrection of your program board. They may give it to you if you've less than 35%, they may not give it to you if you've more than 35% and less than 40%.
    Also, its not something you 'apply for'. The program board just give it to you if they feel you should get it. Basically, if you're new to DCU(as i assume you are), your semester 1 exams are given to you on a provisional basis in February. Then after you do your semester 2 exams, and the papers are corrected, the results are submitted to the program board. The board then meets are review your results, this is when they decide if you get compensation, etc. Then when the results are confirmed by the boards, then results are then promogulated to the student body.
    Thats roughly how it works. Reveered and esteemed posters such as H2G2, maybe able to better advise of the process.
    Hope that helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 622 ✭✭✭H2G2

GavMan wrote: »
    Reveered and esteemed posters such as H2G2, maybe able to better advise of the process.
    LoL :D
    Sorry for the late follow-up... been away for a few days.
    GavMan is right. Basically the exam board (on this week) will look at your results (and maybe, just maybe if you are very close) they may do something for you now. Otherwise as he says, results are provisional until after semester 2 exam boards, when a Progression and Award Board (PAB) meets. This is the super-exam board which makes all final decisions. So technically there are three occasions when your results are reviewed, but nothing is final until the PAB is over.
    Does anyone know if I would be able to apply for a compensation?
    Compensation is not something you apply for. Either the board apply the rules to you or they don't. Its at the discretion of the exam boards and the PAB.

Advertisement