Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BobCon aka Mister Amperduke Launch

Options
  • 05-02-2008 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭

Was going to stick this in upcoming events but figured it def deserved its own thread. Bob Con is coming [Bob thats all Fysh's fault :D]

Bob Byrne, the Mcdaddy of Irish comics, will be launching his amazing, and long anticapted, Graphic Novel Mr. Amperduke on Febuary 14th [please check link for all the details]

Will also soon be able order your copy of the 160 page book via Mr. Byrnes' website

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Title edited because, well, I say so :D

Delighted to hear that Mr Amperduke will finally see the light of day, gutted I won't be able to make the launch. Bah.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

people can now order copies of the book online - just check Mr. Byrnes blog linked above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 bryan philips

I tryed to get this in Forbidden Planet and Sub City but they didn't seem to have it in stock. Anywhere else I can pick up a copy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Story on crow street have it

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Bob did mention that it might be a while before they were available through comic shops; best thing is to check his site and drop him a line, see if you can maybe buy one off him in person or find out when they'll be available through the shops (probably cheaper to get it directly through Bob though).

Edited to add: I didn't see bombidol's reply when I wrote my post. Story it is!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 bryan philips

Great! Will drop in over the weekend.

Thanks for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Got my copy today. Comes with an original panel from the comic. Cool!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭alnolan

God bless Uncle Spunk.

Advertisement