Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irel Coffee Essence

Options
  • 05-02-2008 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks, my mother uses Irel Coffee Essence to flavour her coffee cakes (its a very thick concentrated liquid coffee), but can't find it anywhere any more.

Anybody know where it can be bought? I've done some googling, without any success....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭mildews

The last time I saw some was in Tesco (in Lucan though) that was about two weeks ago!. Go to your local supermarket and ask them if they could buy some in for you.
    The best one IMO. for doing this is Supervalu. No harm in asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

I got it in Tesco a while ago too.

My Granny once offered me coffee, added a glug of that to the cup and topped up with water. THEN added sugar! I went for the tea after that. Great for coffee cake though!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

yeah tesco, can be in some odd sections though. Fantastic for coffee cake and icing.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Thanks kids... I'll check out the local Tesco stores so.
    I have a supervalu down the road from where I live, so I'll try there too.

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

If we are "kids" can we have some cake?:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭mildews

sueme wrote: »
    If we are "kids" can we have some cake?:)
    Can you make it chocolate cake 'cos my mommy says im too young for coffee.................................:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Mystified

In case anybody is still looking for IREL coffee essence please note the address and email address of manufacturer : Johnsons Coffee 137 Hillsborough Old Road Lisburn Co. Antrim Northern Ireland BT27 5QR coffee@johnsonbrothers.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 41 grangeglens

supervalu stores stock it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Twish

Mr E wrote: »
    Hi folks, my mother uses Irel Coffee Essence to flavour her coffee cakes (its a very thick concentrated liquid coffee), but can't find it anywhere any more.

Anybody know where it can be bought? I've done some googling, without any success....
    Had the same problem but got it in a spar shop ..if you have no luck i could send you a bottle

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Mystified

Saw Irel Coffee in Dunnes Store Cornelscourt this week. Other Dunnes Store may also have it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭JimmyTee

Got a bottle of IREL in Supervalu Carrigaline in the Coffee section.

I also saw another brand in tescos Wilton called Camp Chicory and Coffee, it's the very same type bottle as IREL. It was in the sugar section.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I got some recently in Supervalue, my local one always have it but it could be anywhere in the shop.

Sometimes it is in the coffee-tea section other times it is in the section with sugar, and sometimes in the baking section.

I also saw it in the egg section once. I have no idea why it was there.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭novarock

You should still be able to get it in any super valu. From working there as a kid I know that Irel is a pain in the arse to get off a tiled floor when it breaks...

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Goodne

i have gone mad looking for irel in the past too but dunnes seem to stock it at the moment. It in the tea / coffe isle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Ger P

Twish wrote: »
    Had the same problem but got it in a spar shop ..if you have no luck i could send you a bottle
    Well I can still buy it in my shop in the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

The OP was looking for info 4 years ago. Closed.

tHB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement