Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Learn to shoot in Ireland?

Options
  • 05-02-2008 5:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Is there anywhere in Ireland where a complete novice can go to learn about shooting?

I have an interest in hunting but no idea where/how to start?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭alan_simon

Im not too sure about hunting, but if your interested in shooting in general, you can go up to a commercial range (like Hilltop in Wicklow) and fire off a few shots from a rifle. Or you could look at joining a gun club. I personally don't know any hunting clubs, but I'm sure someone else here will know a couple.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 n00b68

Are there any commercial ranges in dublin? Do you know if any run courses?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭fat-tony

Hilltop in Newtownmountkennedy (Co. Wicklow) :D is probably the nearest commercial range to you if you are on the southside of Dublin. www.pcquad.com is their website

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 n00b68

Thats looks great cheers. Exaclty what I was thinking of. Is there anywhere closer to north dublin (swords/fingal area) ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

Courtlough and the Naul CPC, learn how to shoot first, couple of lessons on the clays. You'll get to know people who are members of NARGC clubs, Farmers whatever..

• Advertisement
Advertisement