Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can Someone Help Me Un-Custom Firmware My PSP? (Payment in UMD's!)

Options
  • 05-02-2008 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭

Hey Folks,

Despite masses of PM's from the always helpful Ongarite pointing me in the right direction I still can't get rid of the custom firmware that's on my PSP. I'm afraid I've learnt my lesson and I'm just not cut out for all this malarky of being one step ahead and being able to do superduper fancy things with my PSP.
    I'm not clever enough to keep ahead of it all and exploit my PSP so I'd like to go back to having an offical firmware but I just can't get it to 'downgrade/upgrade'?

Anywhooo I'd appreciate if someone could help me out on this matter. I don't expect some help for free so I could 'pay' the helpful helper with some UMD's. I can give you Bad Santa, Assault on Precinct 13 and Dawn of the Dead. I'm based in the city centre so can meet up during lunch or in the evenings.

Does anyone care to help me abandon the wicked ways of custom firmware?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

You dont need help to go back to official firmware!!! All you have to do is download an official firmware that is higher than the one you currently have then put it a folder called UPDATE in your GAME folder. Then run it from the menu.
    You can find the latest here:
    http://www.psp-hacks.com/category/64

Or you could just use an update that comes bundled with new umd games (again, it has to be higher than your current firmware).

DO NOT PAY ANYONE FOR THIS!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

The thing is I've downloaded the latest offical firmware from Sony and when it tries to install itself it fails. It won't let me install newer offical firmware, that's the problem I'm having.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,255 ✭✭✭ongarite

First first what firmware are you on? You can't direct put Sony FW without being on 3.71 M33 or greater.

Hey Ongarite,

It's currently on 3.40 OE-A. So I need to upgrade in order to go back?!

Correct, forward is backwards!!
    Alright lets start:
    Download 3.52 M33 from here.
    Then download Sony 3.52FW from http://www.psp-hacks.com/download.php?id=1209.
    Extract the M33CREATOR folder and place in PSP/GAME folder on your Memory Stick.
    Rename the downloaded EBOOT.PBP to 352.PBP and place in PSP/GAME/M33CREATOR.

• Advertisement

OK I've got that done. Should I run the 3.52 M33 Creator?

Yes run the program that appears in your GAME - Memory Stick list.

Then download M33-4 and extract M33Update4 folder and place in PSP/GAME150 and run the program for GAME - Memory Stick.

OK I'll do as you've said above.

I've just run the M33 program and got the following message:

The game could not be started.
    (80020148)

I dunno if that's normal?

Edit 2:
    Boot into Recovery Menu by holding down R-Trigger when booting PSP from off (not sleep) and go to Advanced/Advanced Configuration and disable all the options in there, then go to Configuration and disable NO UMD MODE.

Run the installer again with any UMD in PSP.

ongarite wrote: »
    Yes run the program that appears in your GAME - Memory Stick list.

Then download M33-4 and extract M33Update4 folder and place in PSP/GAME150 and run the program for GAME - Memory Stick.

OK I've done this and it told me that this update doesn't apply or has already been done.

• Advertisement

Man your wrecking my head!!
    2 steps back:
    Did the 3.52 M33 installer flash your PSP correctly? If you go to Settings/System Settings/System Information does it say 3.52 M33 or 3.52 M33-4 ??

ongarite wrote: »
    Edit 2:
    Boot into Recovery Menu by holding down R-Trigger when booting PSP from off (not sleep) and go to Advanced/Advanced Configuration and disable all the options in there, then go to Configuration and disable NO UMD MODE.

Run the installer again with any UMD in PSP.

Done but I'm still getting the same error. Sorry dude!

PM for MSN messenger details. This is getting painful over boards.

Heh Heh- Thanks Ongarite ya poor unfortunate.

Advertisement