Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

help needed, someone messed up my settings

• 05-02-2008 5:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭

hi
    When i was away from my desk in work someone messed up the look of my PC..

I've attaced 2 screen shots.

1 is of boards and the other is of pioneer.eu this is how they appear on my screen,

1 of the guys is playing a Joke and i normally can fix this but cant figure out whats up.

Ive right clicked on desktop and changed the style back to default. but nothing is working.

Any suggestions.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

just to add this is effecting all my pages.. Including outlook express/word/excel everything is messed up..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,941 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

tried restarting? Throwing coffee at your man? Pressing F11?

I pressed f11 to get a better screen shot.. tried a restart.. had no coffer to hand..

I'm sure he went into "display properties" and changed .. themes or apperance or something.. But i cant get it back the same..

he changed all the boxes and screens black and purple but i was able to change them back.. wrecking my head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

from what I can see from those screen shots it's only effecting your browser?
    If so, he could have disabled scripting. Trying going into Internet Explorers Options (can be found under tools), go to the last tab "advanced" and click "restore advanced settings" if that doesn't work, try "restore".

Let me know how you get on with that.

-Rob

*edit* just noticed you mentioned this is affecting all your applications. check a few things. mainly your display adapter. where you went to reset the appearance settings, go to the last tab that says display, and just reset it to it's defaults (may be other menus to access depending on the graphics card)

also, make sure your monitor cable is plugged in securely.
    and last, your monitor has colour control settings. bring up the on screen display, and reset it to factory settings (control buttons located on the monitor itself)

the guy that did this doesnt know alot about computers... and he only had like 30 seconds to mess around with it as i was out of the office.. I'll check those things tomorrow and get back to you.thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

no worries, it's truly amazing how people can **** things up so badly when they have so little knowledge of computers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Go to control panel / accessibility options, then select the disply tab. Uncheck the use high contrast checkbox. All background colors and font stability should return immediately. If not, reboot and try again.

I found what he did...

If you press and hold ALT + shift + Print screen you can change the res of your screen,

and when i came in this morning is was ok.

Now i have to plot a revange. muhahaha.. any ideas on what to do ? dont want to totally mess him up but something to send a message haha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

ALT + shift + Print screen is the shortcut for high contrast accessability

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

NeVeR wrote: »
    I found what he did...

If you press and hold ALT + shift + Print screen you can change the res of your screen,

and when i came in this morning is was ok.

Now i have to plot a revange. muhahaha.. any ideas on what to do ? dont want to totally mess him up but something to send a message haha.

ahhhh reminds me of comming back to the desk to find my display rotated 90 or 180 degrees and spoiling their amusement by laughing out loud and cooly using the keboard short cut to rotate iti back

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 oldgeezer

Nice one i did one time was to take a screen snap of the guys desktop use it as the background and then move all the icons down the bottom... takes a while before they realise they are clicking a background.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭junkster12345

lock your workstation in future when you leave it, you do know that when its you that is logged in, you are responsible for what happens on that pc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

rkm wrote: »
    ALT + shift + Print screen is the shortcut for high contrast accessability

that i did not know

cool :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71 ✭✭johntreacy

Change his e-mail signature for revenge, nobody really looks at but be careful what put in there as this is added to all e-mail's.

Advertisement