Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderline GPAs

Options
  • 05-02-2008 5:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭

Does anyone know if it's heard of for colleges/schools to bump up your GPA if you're just off a first/2.1 etc? E.g. if someone's overall GPA for final year was 3.66 would there be any chance of them getting a first? I know they do it sometimes with exam papers so just curious.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭graduate

There is not much need to raise people now, as the GPA is on the transcript anyone can see what the person achieved, a person with 3.69 isn't much better than on with 3.66.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Quoting a postgrad today:

'A first is a first, a 2:1 is a 2:1, doesn't matter if you got 60.2 or 69.9, it's the same in there eyes.'

Your results have already gone through exam boards if you've got GPA which means they're final, you'd need to check with your school whether or not the external examiner looks at the GPA when looking at the results from semester 2 to see should you be bumped up.

If they're looked at seperately and not referred to the chances of you being bumped up are slim to nill - says something for the good old summer exam scheme and vivas...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

OK I don't get the first two replies. He's asking if he could get bumped up into the next bracket if he's borderline, not just to get a better 2.1/1.1. etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Check my edit - makes it a tad more clear. I think.

Advertisement