Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Front Door draught

Options
  • 05-02-2008 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭

House is 3 years old and when I had wooden floors fitted in the sitting room and hall way, I had to raise the front door slightly to avoid rubbing against the wood.

Thing is now there is a large gap between the bottom of the door and the metal threshold. I have been unable to find anything to help seal/reduce the gap. The door is well tapped with insulation so there are no gaps around the frame.

Anyone got any idea's?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 JBCFord

To get the required seal under your door again you may need to fit a new threshold bar which may require removing the door and adjusting the bottom rail to suit the measurements of the new bar

Your local providers should stock a suitable replacement
    If not this is a link to Exitex products range

Regards jbcford

http://www.exitex.ie/BrochurePage/Brochures/SillBrochure/Pdfs/Exitex_Sill_Brochure_Pages6_16.pdf
    can be orderd through your local hardware supplyer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

I've see some of the exitex products, but they are not suiting what I need.

The threshold is located under the frame of the door so replacing it would not be a DIY job. The threshold is U shaped, with the outer side slightly taller than the inner side which is just the height of the wooden floor. The problem is that the bottom of the door is way above the top of the outer edge and I'm looking for something to attach to the threshold to close the gap.

The threshold design does not look great and I'd love to change it, but something short term to reduce the draught would be great.

Advertisement