Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Good handsfree installer (Parrot Kit)

Options
  • 05-02-2008 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭

Changed car and have a new parrot 3100 kit and a parrot multican cable to allow use of steering wheel controls. The quote I got from the company I used before was pure extortion! They wanted 120+60+vat. The 60 was just to fit the cable that I just spent 80euro on. This afaik does not involve going near the steering wheel but instead just splicing into the audio lead on the back of the stereo (golf mkV oem headunit) which already operates from the steering wheel.

Any ideas where I can get a good job done on the northside?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭alexmcred

I have the dealer I'm getting my golf from installing a parrot 3200 kit FOC. Maybe go back to the dealer you bought the car from and see what then will do for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

AFAIK, the Parrot is a simple plug & play job - you could even consider doing it yourself. Have a look at their website, they have detailed installation instructions for download.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭su_dios

Might have a look. I'll have to take out the radio to get my ipod adapter in anyway so could be done at the same time. I wouldn't be too sure on on how to wire the multican. Might ask the dealer see what they can do alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭cgc5483

Should give it a go yourself as Anan1 was suggesting. I was in a similar situation to you and was completely put off by people looking for €100 plus to install something which only takes 30 mins if you know what your doing so i ended up doing it myself. You can buy an adaptor from the Parrot website which allows you to plug into the back of your radio and then connects to the Parrot wiring. It just a matter of looking carefully around your dash and seeing how to remove parts of it so you can get at the radio.

I know how to remove the dash.. thats not the problem really. Its the wiring bits I guess. Oh and is the adapter needed for every car? Thought the parrot kit contains all the leads needed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

su_dios wrote: »
    I know how to remove the dash.. thats not the problem really. Its the wiring bits I guess. Oh and is the adapter needed for every car? Thought the parrot kit contains all the leads needed?
    Just so you know, I wouldn't usually be the sort to start messing around with car electrics. I looked at the Parrot install instructions a while back though, and it did look as though it was literally just a plug in job.

Is finding the power supply easy or hard?

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭cgc5483

su_dios wrote: »
    Is finding the power supply easy or hard?

Have a look here and it tells you which iso adaptor you need for your car to plug into the oem radio and power supply. Amkes it much easier than cutting cables if your not wire savvy like most of us.

http://www.parrot.com/uk/support/installationdiagrams/parrotck3100/?idcables=1&idmanufacturer=42&etape=2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭PhoenixRising

Have you considered this.

I installed it in my GTi and it's the business.

Have you considered this.

I installed it in my GTi and it's the business.

Have already bought the parrot kit and multican but that does look like a good solution for others looking for the same thing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭SecureSounds

Better of with the Parrot, when you change your brand of car you can take it with you.

Advertisement