Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

connecting to ibb through wireless router

Options
  • 05-02-2008 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭

i just got irish broadband and i'm trying to run it through my old eircom netopia wireless router. but wen i connect i get all the info for signal strenght for ibb but i can't connenct to the internet. does anyone know whats wrong??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Is this IBB Breeze? If it is, then you can't use the Netopia router with it, as it's a DSL router and you'll need a broadband router.

If this is DSL then it should work, just need to change the username and password and all should work.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭mob

i'm using ripwave, i'm trying to put it through the ethernet hub on the netopia modem.

if it's not possible what sort of router do i need?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I don't think it'll work with Ripwave as the Ethernet ports on the Netopia are on the LAN side and not the WAN side. It won't route anything in this case. You need a router, one that doesn't have a DSL modem built in.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭mob

grad job i should be able to get my hands on a wireless router with no modem handy enough
    thank you

Advertisement