Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terrapins,

Options
  • 05-02-2008 7:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Recently Purchased 4 hatcling Terrapins About A Week And A Half Ago,
    Just Wondering If Anyone Has Any Tips On Keeping Them Healthy And Lookin After Them,

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Bainne2

It really depends on how much you already know. Someone could spend an hour typing up stuff that you are aware of and if you aren't googling their care is probally a good place to start :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

4 hatchlings ..... I hope you're aware of the space these guys are going to take up in 2 years time! What equipment do you have, and what are you feeding them? It's going to be a big responsibility .....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 MarkKelly316

well i have a 4 x 1 tank now and im sure i`ll improve it by the time they are fully grown,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

I had a 5 foot tank for one of these monsters alone. They were a lot of work, not trying to put you off. Do you heat the tank and do you have a water filter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭andrawolf

you need a uv light to keep them health as they can get low in vit D. They like good food my boy loved fresh food. veg and fish. I Had a 5 foot tank with under gravel filters and flovals for one and I had him 18 years before I got Him a new home last year as due to house being redone and the concrete dust would have killed him. miss him but the new owner has good experience.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 sarahpetstop

:cool:not to alarm u but u cant buy terrapins in ireland alot of stores are selling turtles and callin them terrapins. u should have a look at the yellow belly turtle google the image and u may be in for a stock.
    the tank size of 500 litre is only space enough for 4 of them and even that is not given them much swimming room.
    pm me if u want more advise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 tish@petstop

Hi Sarah : )

Advertisement