Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat gone bad

Options
  • 05-02-2008 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭

Oh I'm so mad at my tomcat!

I've just come from cleaning up the bathroom for the 3rd time this week as he keeps pooing in the bath! He had a bit of a problem with this before, but I used to just leave water in the bath any time he did it before, and it would break the habit and he'd get back to using the litter tray.

But now he has figured out how to pull out the plug!! And whats worse is he walks in it and then has a run around the bathroom - so its a major clean up job!

He has also started bullying his sister a bit - pushing her off my lap or the top shelf where she sleeps! He was even growling at her yesterday when I gave them each a prawn for a treat.

He is about 10 months old and neutered. He is kept indoors all the time - do you think this might be the problem?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 maryoshea

He might be bored and looking for attention? Any attention! good or bad :)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭artieanna

MsFifers wrote: »
    But now he has figured out how to pull out the plug!! And whats worse is he walks in it and then has a run around the bathroom - so its a major clean up job!
    QUOTE]

He figured out how to pull the plug!!!!!:eek:
    and he likes water!!!:eek:
    Jeez:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭LouOB

Shut the bathroom door!!!
    Feliway from the vet - mircale stuff
    Try to give them both attention - other than that let him run it off outside. Not so mister big shot in gale force winds - huh heheheh

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭MsFifers

OK, so now he has tried to murder me! :D Woke up last night to find his paw pressing my nostrils closed! (Lucky he forgot I can breath through my mouth!!)

I'm serious - the dude is possessed! Yesterday, he just sat STARING at me for ages. We definitely have "issues". :D

I will have to try the feliway.

Anyway, tonight I will blow bubbles for them and see if that cheers him up a bit. He is just acting so weird these days - I can't figure it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Allison91

haha..all cats are crazy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Lauragoesmad

Allison91 wrote: »
    haha..all cats are crazy

Too true.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thalia_13

Heya, all my toms went through a weird phase too, one of mine insisted on getting under the duvet and lying beside me, staring at me face to face on the pillow, if i turned over he would kick my shoulders till I turned around again. My other tom took to going to loo over the shower drain/plughole, I thought it was clever of him meant less cleaning just ran it down the drains with lots of water.... Its like they go through a phase. I know your lad is neutered, but I think they still go through an adolescence, even sans balls!

How is your little girl doing? Has she been acting odd at all? After my mum got her female neutered, she took to following her everywhere, even the loo, would go schizo if she was left outside the door.

The tom who uses the showers as a loo also developed a habit of nipping people under the armpit if he didnt get enough attention. You know that bit of skin between your armpit and bra (for females), just around the crease of armpit, well he would jump up and nip you there quick and sharp! He grew out of that too.

Its prob a phase, he will grow out of it! Be thankful its only the bath, and not your shoes/wardrobe/wash basket!

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭MsFifers

Hi Thalia - you are always a great reassurance for me with my cat issues!!:D OK - I'll just put it down to the "teenage" phase!

Little Milly is being her usual sweet self - although the two of them had a running battle for hours last night! Had to put them in separate rooms last night to cool off! :D It really is like parenting teenagers! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭lubie76

Ms Fifers, I feel your pain. When my kitten Missy started sleeping beside me, her big brother Mylo decided to poo every night on the floor beside the bed to show his disgust at the new sleeping arrangements.
    This was the cat I had trained to use a human toilet last year and was showing off to my friends what a clever boy I had. Now he won't even use a litter tray and insists on waking me up at 6am to let him outside to the toilet. They have a mind of their own thats for sure!

Advertisement