Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why are you being so stupid....?

• 05-02-2008 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭

I really would love to know why you feel you need to cheat in your mocks??

I mean half the people who are posting only joined in jan/feb so obviously you only feel the site is useful for cheating.

Many people have been using this to ask advice etc so why ruin it by turning it into a cheating in the mocks thread?

As I mentioned in a thread WHO EXACTLY ARE YOU TRYING TO PLEASE BY CHEATING IN THE MOCKS???

I've never understood the whole cheating thing so it would be great if someone could explain why you do it and feel the need to help others do it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭TheAmateur

high_horse.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Randomness

TheAmateur wrote: »
    high_horse.jpg

well i hope your not going into comedy after the leaving........

i'm just stating common sense from someone who did the leaving cert last year....cheating is a waste of time.....the people i know who did it only regretted it in the end.........

as i said, welcome to the real world, whenever you get here..

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭denashpot

cheating is wrong.

do you want to grow up to be just like.......

453px-George-W-Bush.jpeg

:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 ashbash

take a chill pill the horse infairness was funny! :L

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭denashpot

ashbash wrote: »
    take a chill pill the horse infairness was funny! :L

2nd that.

he reminds me of a.......

260px-HumanNewborn.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 ashbash

i 3rd that? :D

cheat if it makes u happy! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

YouGonnaGetRaped.jpg
    ... by the Leaving Cert.

This is a picture posting thread, right?

At least MOST of the mocks stuff is confined to the one thread.. except for the fact that 10 of the 20 (excluding stickies) threads are dedicated to cheating in the mocks. Hm. But I guess if you need to cheat in the mocks, the idea of not making new threads asking for information you're too lazy to find yourself... might be a little beyond you.

Hey Randomness, up for some polo? My high horse is getting fidgety.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 InVikingWeTrust

yera what harm in doing as long as it keeps the parents happy!!!

we'll have learnt in 4 months........nothin to be worryin about at dis early stage!!!:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

we'll have learnt in 4 months........nothin to be worryin about at dis early stage!!!:D:D

It's your parents' leaving cert is it?

I agree with the OP, the whole purpose of the mocks is defeated by this stupid cheating. The number of people who fail to see this really shocks me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

Your 18. Not 2. Grow up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭rigormortis

Don't believe the old saying, "you are only cheating yourself".

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Tim131

You's wont be able to cheat in the real thing eh?

I didn't cheat, I did ****e, but I didn't cheat ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Timee

But if you can go into the exam with some bit of knowledge, its bound to help for time management for the real thing. In fairness, cheating for the mocks is like tradition at this stage. Getting a taste for how the exam runs for you is bound to beat sitting there looking at your paper for a few hours feeling dejected, which ive seen some people doing. It's extra early this year too...something to do with the moon ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭guX

Timee wrote: »
    But if you can go into the exam with some bit of knowledge, its bound to help for time management for the real thing. In fairness, cheating for the mocks is like tradition at this stage. Getting a taste for how the exam runs for you is bound to beat sitting there looking at your paper for a few hours feeling dejected, which ive seen some people doing. It's extra early this year too...something to do with the moon ;)

You've hit the nail on the head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

what so that they only signed up now automatically labels them a cheater?

maybe people are only getting around to googling "leaving cert" :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Randomness

Cremo wrote: »
    what so that they only signed up now automatically labels them a cheater?

maybe people are only getting around to googling "leaving cert" :rolleyes:

i didnt say that anyone who only just signed up was a cheater but given that the numbers using the site have increased dramatically obviously alot of people are using the site for this purpose.

so far people have replied with "cheat if it makes you happy" and "avoiding distressing mocks" as reasons for cheating....

ok if cheating makes you happy...well you have weird priorities but if that what makes you happy........although i still disagree

the mocks are USELESS for time management if you know what's coming up!!!! is that not obvious??

yes i agree the mocks should be used as a stress free way to experience the real thing but if your not even applying the same rules as the real thing then surely you are defeating your own purpose??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

yes yes cheating is bad

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement