Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Joining the regular British Army?

• 05-02-2008 8:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭

My father and my uncles have all done quite a lot of time in the PDF,the Navy to be precise. I've always had an affiliation with the navy and the army having grown up in Cobh. I have to get this military dream out of my mind and into my hands by joining up. Although I am in no way patriotic and don't believe that fighting for my country or another country in anyway reduces my loyalty to my family,friends or country. I am more or less set on joining the British Army, purely for the better equipment and the opportunity to tour in Afghanistan. My friends are a close knit bunch who all share a common interest in the military. We have one friend who joined the USMC 3 years ago,he's now training to be a squad leader and has already done an 8 month tour in the region. Another friend is currently in training with the Royal Marine Commandos and should be finished in may. He will most likely be sent to Afghanistan within weeks of completion. I simply don't have the fitness levels required to make it in the Royal Marines. I'd give anything to make it there but I need to be realistic with my goals. Does anyone know a friend or family member who's joined the regular British Army? How long was their training and were there any issues of bullying etc due to being Irish? Any advice in this strand would be greatly appreciated. Pathfinder, please don't bother posting.thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭seamus-2k7

From I know the English now a days have forgotten about the bombings, don't descriminate religion and friendly towards the Irish. Altough you might come across a few bad apples.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

seamus-2k7 wrote: »
    From I know the English now a days have forgotten about the bombings, don't descriminate religion and friendly towards the Irish. Altough you might come across a few bad apples.

Yes, but we do like you to bring your pots of gold with you when you come over:p

I suggest you get up to Belfast and take a look in a recruiting office, you can look them up on line.

If you have an affinity with the navy, why not join the RN? ok, you don't get to see the bad guys as much but you will get the chance to catch STDs in a large number of places and you get some pretty hefty machinery to play with.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Type_45_destroyer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 iwishicould

I'm currently in the process of applying to go in as an officer. I've been up to belfast for my interview and I can honestly say they are really accomodating.
    Don't worry about being irish, read Rules of Engagement by Tim Collins and just see how many high ranking Irishmen (from the south, not north) there are. CO of 1PARA during GW2 was an Irish chap.
    Fitness just comes with time, I've been training since last october and I'm just about acheiving the minimum requirements for officer entry (44 pressups, 50 situps, 1.5mile in 10.30mins).
    I can't quote you what training will be like for regular soldier but a stint at sandhurst is 44 weeks long. to get you have to go through the advisor interview, a few fam visits (to infantry/signals/engineers/etc to see if you like what you see) then a one day briefing and finally a 3 and half day main board selection, that determines if you get into sandhurst.
    again I don't know if you want to be an officer but I'm just laying down the facts.
    you seem to be in a good group of people with military exp and know their stuff so you should have their support regardless of past predjudices.
    All in all just go for it, I started by requesting a dvd pack from the BA website, you'll get a pack (but no dvd boo!) from belfast as thats where the nearest recruiting office is.
    get started now as it takes awhile, plus there's rumours that training time will be cut to send more troops to 'stan due to shortage of troops. again thats only rumours but you can guarantee a deployment there anyway (royal irish are going out either this year or next year).

anyway hope some of that is useful. best of luck!
    DILLIGAF wrote: »
    My father and my uncles have all done quite a lot of time in the PDF,the Navy to be precise. I've always had an affiliation with the navy and the army having grown up in Cobh. I have to get this military dream out of my mind and into my hands by joining up. Although I am in no way patriotic and don't believe that fighting for my country or another country in anyway reduces my loyalty to my family,friends or country. I am more or less set on joining the British Army, purely for the better equipment and the opportunity to tour in Afghanistan. My friends are a close knit bunch who all share a common interest in the military. We have one friend who joined the USMC 3 years ago,he's now training to be a squad leader and has already done an 8 month tour in the region. Another friend is currently in training with the Royal Marine Commandos and should be finished in may. He will most likely be sent to Afghanistan within weeks of completion. I simply don't have the fitness levels required to make it in the Royal Marines. I'd give anything to make it there but I need to be realistic with my goals. Does anyone know a friend or family member who's joined the regular British Army? How long was their training and were there any issues of bullying etc due to being Irish? Any advice in this strand would be greatly appreciated. Pathfinder, please don't bother posting.thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭DILLIGAF

Hey there, thanks a lot for the reply! I actually requested a pack ages ago before leaving for dublin and I only found it the other day. Needless to say the family weren't entirely sassed by the british army stamp on the front :)
    but yeah,no dvd :( It's great to have support within my friends because the guy in the marines has been getting a bit of stick for joining up. All I say to someone that asks why I would fight for the queen,is to remind them that working in a supermarket and spending fri-sun getting sloshed isn't exactly serving their country either. So my patriotism(or lack there of) is not an issue and I would hope it wouldn't be an issue within my unit either.I've not looked into the possibility of becoming an officer to be honest. What kind of qualifications did you have prior to applying and how has your interview/application gone so far? If you want to continue this in pm's then no problem. Any information you can give me is greatly appreciated!thanks again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Blazher

Whats this i hear about them paying 20.000 to people for joining and passing out??

• Advertisement

passing out? as in leaving?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 headzilla

Passing out means finishing your recruit or cadet training, when you receive your rank

I see, so they'll pay you a lump sum just for completion of what your there to do anyway? It sounds like an awful lot to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Jrad

Joining the regular British Army? Better start eating your fruit and fibre!

No problem.
    I'm VERY surprised that there was a BA stamp on your envelope. i have received several letters and whatnot from the BA and all of it is unmarked. there is still a small element of risk so they do take precautions. I was told by the colonel interviewing me that under no circumstances would they send me marked envelopes, if they did I was to get on the the blower to him immediately and see why was it sent.
    best thing to avoid the "why the BA?" questions is to not tell anyone. I've only told my family. no friends or work colleagues know. frankly it's nobodies business but my own. they can find out when I'm on the plane to the uk.
    qualifications wise im 25, have a degree, great job, my own apt, car. so anyone looking in would think im insane dropping all that and taking a hefty paycut. but it's something I just gotta do.
    a degree isnt necessary altho if you want to get into a trade (engineers, IT) it does help. but for infantry, cav, artillary you can go in with just a leaving cert. to be honest it's not the qualifications they're looking for, it's the determination, the fact that you're prepared to leave ireland to fight for them. never doubt yourself and be 100% committed.
    i've got a fam visit this month to the infantry for a couple days. basically interviews, lectures, obstacle course and whatnot to see if we like infantry, then end of march is my first stage of selection.
    again if you're going to apply do it asap, if i get through all this stuff i wont be starting sandhurst till jan or may of next year. long enough queue to get in.
    g'luck!

Hey there, thanks a lot for the reply! I actually requested a pack ages ago before leaving for dublin and I only found it the other day. Needless to say the family weren't entirely sassed by the british army stamp on the front :)
    but yeah,no dvd :( It's great to have support within my friends because the guy in the marines has been getting a bit of stick for joining up. All I say to someone that asks why I would fight for the queen,is to remind them that working in a supermarket and spending fri-sun getting sloshed isn't exactly serving their country either. So my patriotism(or lack there of) is not an issue and I would hope it wouldn't be an issue within my unit either.I've not looked into the possibility of becoming an officer to be honest. What kind of qualifications did you have prior to applying and how has your interview/application gone so far? If you want to continue this in pm's then no problem. Any information you can give me is greatly appreciated!thanks again!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Mrmotivator007

is all that just to become regular infantry or as an officer?i was thinking about inquiring.
    which one though the Irish guards or royal irish,?which one would you recomend

all that is to for an officer. remember you're joining to lead so they have to separate the shepherd from the flock.
    irish guards is more english based, like they all have irish descendants etc. royal irish would be where most southern irish go.
    remember irish guards are a guards regiment. they spend 6 months (could be more) guarding the queen. that means standing with those big furry hats in red uniform outside buckingham palace.
    royal irish on the other hand are part of 16 air assault brigade along with parachute regiment. there is also plans for a future royal irish para trained company. hopefully it'll go ahead when I'm in and would be on permanent standby in 16AA with the paras.
    myself im headed for royal irish. you'll get all the info on them when you go for your interview.
    best of luck!
    is all that just to become regular infantry or as an officer?i was thinking about inquiring.
    which one though the Irish guards or royal irish,?which one would you recomend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭elvis jaffacake

Bit of advice, most, vast majority of guy's you'll get on with fine, the British military has lot's of foriegners, Fijians, Aussies, Canadians, Saffies ect, and Paddies, you will sometimes meet the odd twat who thinks he is being clever, and will try it on with you, ignore them, the Irish DF have and are increasingly training/working alongside the Brits so old stereotypes and percieved notions are going away, when you get in, if you still have ideas about the RM's, get onto the AACC, you pass and get the oppertunity to be in 3 Commando brigade, maybe if you really want to, join the 29 commando reg RA, then go for 148 Meiktila FOB (they call in NGS, air strikes, ect, trained in all sorts of nice things;) ), plenty of courses open to you mate, good luck

Oh and if you get homesick, remember this, you can get home from anywhere in the UK in 2 hours by flight, faster then it takes from Dublin to Limerick:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 willyjoe

Im considering joining the rm but if I do none of my family or friends will be told im going.All their going to be told is that im going for further study/work over there.Id prefer to tell them but I know they wouldnt understand and id take a lot of crap over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Cato

willyjoe wrote: »
    Im considering joining the rm but if I do none of my family or friends will be told im going.All their going to be told is that im going for further study/work over there.Id prefer to tell them but I know they wouldnt understand and id take a lot of crap over it.

How old are you do you mind me asking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Catcher86

... We have one friend who joined the USMC 3 years ago,he's now training to be a squad leader and has already done an 8 month tour in the region.

Just out of curiosity, how did he go about getting into the USMC?

Cato wrote: »
    How old are you do you mind me asking?
    im 20

in that case theres no need to worry about your parents, unless they are IRA of course! yer old enough to make decisions by yourself, they will just have to accept that, it is your life after all...

Cato wrote: »
    in that case theres no need to worry about your parents, unless they are IRA of course! yer old enough to make decisions by yourself, they will just have to accept that, it is your life after all...
    its not that their really anti british but more anti-military and its not just my parents but my friends and relatives.Im not planning on staying over there for ever so its easier for me if they dont know about it so when I do come back I dont have to take an endless amount of crap

• Advertisement

well personally i would find it easier to just tell them and go for it, rather than having to lie for 5 years or so...

willyjoe wrote: »
    its not that their really anti british but more anti-military and its not just my parents but my friends and relatives.Im not planning on staying over there for ever so its easier for me if they dont know about it so when I do come back I dont have to take an endless amount of crap

don't worry every parent & friend is anti-military when someone they know is joining. don't be pressured to tell anyone. it's no one elses business but your own.
    joining the RM is a good idea now if you want a deployment. full three para battalions have been thrown into 16 air assault in 'stan, once their tour is over this year 3 commando brigade will take over.
    here's a snippet from the guardian
    All three regular battalions of the Parachute Regiment will provide the backbone of 16 Air Assault Brigade when it takes over from the existing UK infantry brigade based in Helmand province, southern Afghanistan, in April, defence officials said. It is believed to be the first time so many paras have been sent on a joint combat mission since the second world war, though the total number of UK troops there will remain at about 7,700.

They will be supplied with extra armoured vehicles and new Merlin helicopters. However, pressure on the army has meant the brigade has had to scavenge troops from other regiments to fill manpower gaps. The Ministry of Defence is also expected to announce that Britain's 3 Commando Brigade will take over from 16 Air Assault Brigade in six months' time.

<snip> All refferal links snipped - Hagar <snip>

best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Quis Separabit

Bit of advice, most, vast majority of guy's you'll get on with fine, the British military has lot's of foriegners, Fijians, Aussies, Canadians, Saffies ect, and Paddies, you will sometimes meet the odd twat who thinks he is being clever, and will try it on with you, ignore them, the Irish DF have and are increasingly training/working alongside the Brits so old stereotypes and percieved notions are going away, when you get in, if you still have ideas about the RM's, get onto the AACC, you pass and get the oppertunity to be in 3 Commando brigade, maybe if you really want to, join the 29 commando reg RA, then go for 148 Meiktila FOB (they call in NGS, air strikes, ect, trained in all sorts of nice things;) ), plenty of courses open to you mate, good luck

You still have to pass the all arms commando course.

all that is to for an officer. remember you're joining to lead so they have to separate the shepherd from the flock.
    irish guards is more english based, like they all have irish descendants etc. royal irish would be where most southern irish go.
    remember irish guards are a guards regiment. they spend 6 months (could be more) guarding the queen. that means standing with those big furry hats in red uniform outside buckingham palace.
    royal irish on the other hand are part of 16 air assault brigade along with parachute regiment. there is also plans for a future royal irish para trained company. hopefully it'll go ahead when I'm in and would be on permanent standby in 16AA with the paras.
    myself im headed for royal irish. you'll get all the info on them when you go for your interview.
    best of luck!

This is not true.

The Irish Guards supply one company (around 120 men) every two and a half years, for palace ceremonial duties which are rotated along with the other 4 guards regiments, they are a mechanised infantry regiment.

Many southern Irish serve in the Irish Guards.

You still have to pass the all arms commando course.

Yeah I know, thats why I said
    when you get in, if you still have ideas about the RM's, get onto the AACC
    ;)

Yeah I know, thats why I said ;)

But the guy said he was not fit enough to hack commando selection.

But the guy said he was not fit enough to hack commando selection.

Yeah, if it's a physical fitness issue, he'll get past that and more in the BA then he can apply, if it's a medical issue then he may want to ook at a different career....Booties are renowned for the fitness side of things but even a pongo can do it:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Blazher

Quick question,

lets say you are in the PDF, and you leave to join the Royal Irish,
    Do you know if the BA contact the PDF and if so will the PDF release any of your info to them?

contacted them,and their sending me out a information booklet.thought you were wrong on the guards not being a infantry regiment,would the mojority of southern irishmen be in the guards?as i dont think id want to stand out and wouldnt want to bring anymore attention to myself.also it wuld be nice if i dicided to join that id be around peolple similar to myself

THANKS!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Flying

contacted them,and their sending me out a information booklet.thought you were wrong on the guards not being a infantry regiment,would the mojority of southern irishmen be in the guards?as i dont think id want to stand out and wouldnt want to bring anymore attention to myself.also it wuld be nice if i dicided to join that id be around peolple similar to myself

THANKS!

Your better off staying out of Irish Regiments just my two cents the Royal Irish and the Micks are not exactly great regiments for career progression.

You should look for a Skill and go for something like the RE or the signals as the have Para,Commando and SAS detachments but you still have better prospects for promotion and tech pay.

I was all for being Mr.Stormtrooper when I joined up against the better advice of the recruitment sgt in palace bks, it is now as I am mature look back and saw that getting a skill would have been better..

Also look at intelligence but you will have to score high in your BARB to be even considered but it has fast track promotion as does signals and engineers !

Catcher86 wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity, how did he go about getting into the USMC?

well his mam is from the states so that's his citizenship sorted. don't think there's much more one has to do other than fill in an application form and pass the tests! ^^

Flying wrote: »
    Your better off staying out of Irish Regiments just my two cents the Royal Irish and the Micks are not exactly great regiments for career progression.

You should look for a Skill and go for something like the RE or the signals as the have Para,Commando and SAS detachments but you still have better prospects for promotion and tech pay.

I was all for being Mr.Stormtrooper when I joined up against the better advice of the recruitment sgt in palace bks, it is now as I am mature look back and saw that getting a skill would have been better..

Also look at intelligence but you will have to score high in your BARB to be even considered but it has fast track promotion as does signals and engineers !

So after I finish my 14 weeks basic (assuming I simply go for regular army) I should pick a skill like you've suggested? That would be during phase 2 training right? Are you shown all of your options prior to phase 2?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Flying

So after I finish my 14 weeks basic (assuming I simply go for regular army) I should pick a skill like you've suggested? That would be during phase 2 training right? Are you shown all of your options prior to phase 2?

You apply to join a regiment if you get in your goto the relevant ATR.

It is not like here were you goto an INF BN, CAV SQN or ARTY REG and then after a few years you may get a course.

You apply directly for a specific trade, obviously you do recruit training before hand then you go onto specialist training,weither it be int training,sigs,engineers,reme training etc

Goto the BA Website there is plenty of info there...

Also note applying from Ireland it can take up to a year from application to getting in, because of security clearances by the BA to the lazy civil servant bastards in the the Police and department of foreign affairs.

You will also have to do a potential recruits course which is over a weekend or over a 2 to 3 day period, so the process can be lengthy but worth it.

wow, I was prepared for a 6 month or so wait, but I guess there's more red tape then I anticipated. Not to worry, whats one year when your setting yourself up for a lifelong career.Might aswell send this form off tomorrow then. I'll go check out the website now as the skills side of thing is one of the really interesting parts.

Question for you, on the application form they sent me, do I fill in the "national health number and insurance number" sections or leave them blank? Seeing as I'm not on the NHS I don't know if I should put my PPS number or something of the sort.

Just leave any NHS/Insurance stuff blank. They know you're coming from Ireland.
    wow, I was prepared for a 6 month or so wait, but I guess there's more red tape then I anticipated. Not to worry, whats one year when your setting yourself up for a lifelong career.Might aswell send this form off tomorrow then. I'll go check out the website now as the skills side of thing is one of the really interesting parts.

Question for you, on the application form they sent me, do I fill in the "national health number and insurance number" sections or leave them blank? Seeing as I'm not on the NHS I don't know if I should put my PPS number or something of the sort.

• Advertisement

What part of my post was not true?
    This is not true.

The Irish Guards supply one company (around 120 men) every two and a half years, for palace ceremonial duties which are rotated along with the other 4 guards regiments, they are a mechanised infantry regiment.

Many southern Irish serve in the Irish Guards.

wow a year,i was expecting it to be much quicker than over here done within 3 or four months.I was planning on doing the four years and then coming back over here to be an officer after that,another year meaning this time next year?would mean after the four years id just about be young enough to apply for our army,25 is the maximium age right?
    on second thoughts i dont think ill bother with the PDF,just doing cash escorts and all that crap wouldnt appeal,to me,and very limited trips overseas!

ll ask for a application form then!

What part of my post was not true?

You stated the Irish guards spend 6 months or longer every year outside Buckingham Palace, this is not true.

They supply one company for ceremonial duties every 2 and a half years.

Its 24 weeks infantry, 26 weeks guards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭OS119

wow a year,i was expecting it to be much quicker than over here done within 3 or four months.I was planning on doing the four years and then coming back over here to be an officer after that,another year meaning this time next year?would mean after the four years id just about be young enough to apply for our army,25 is the maximium age right?
    on second thoughts i dont think ill bother with the PDF,just doing cash escorts and all that crap wouldnt appeal,to me,and very limited trips overseas!

ll ask for a application form then!

its probably not a very good idea to have such long term plans, particularly as they are dependent on so many things you don''t have control over, and if anyone in the recruiting process suspected that your plans were to 'chop and change' then they might well look askance at you. you would best off looking at yourself hard in the mirror and asking if you really want to join a high tempo, high-end force as an end in itself, or do you want to to join the PDF with something a bit 'extra' under your belt?

you might seriously need to reconsider the plan on another front too, after four years service you will be at lance-corporal/junior Captain (depending on whether you join the ranks or are commissioned) level with at least one very hard operational tour under your belt and having played with all the big boys toys in the UK arsenal - MLRS, fast air support, Battalion-sized heliborne operations, Apache, Chally 2's, Warrior, 'THEM' - and in general being in a very experienced and fast moving force that does an awful lot of very serious soldiering in its most pure - and complex - forms. will you then really want to move to a very different type of force as exemplified by the PDF?

i'm not slagging down the PDF eoither as an organisation or its members, but the current British Amy and the PDF are very, very different beasts - as required by very, very different governmental foriegn policies. it might be foolish to believe that leaving one for the other will provide as much professional satisfaction.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 ldooley

Just curious, before they were withdrawn from active service in the 6 counties could a Southern Irishman be sent to the North in the BA??

ldooley wrote: »
    Just curious, before they were withdrawn from active service in the 6 counties could a Southern Irishman be sent to the North in the BA??

Anyone with Southern Irish origins did not have to serve in the north, whatever regiment they served in.

Which is why the Irish Guards never done a tour there until 93.

The other infantry regiment excluded from service in the north were the Gurkhas.

Yeah most still went up. check out the documentary For Queen and Country (i think thats the name). shows the Irish Guards up the north. one dubliner was on checkpoint duty and stopping cars etc. one car he stopped they asked him what he was doing up the north, they thought the south invaded :p
    Anyone with Southern Irish origins did not have to serve in the north, whatever regiment they served in.

Which is why the Irish Guards never done a tour there until 93.

The other infantry regiment excluded from service in the north were the Gurkhas.

Yeah most still went up. check out the documentary For Queen and Country (i think thats the name). shows the Irish Guards up the north. one dubliner was on checkpoint duty and stopping cars etc. one car he stopped they asked him what he was doing up the north, they thought the south invaded :p

The Irish guards did not serve in the north until 93.

The Irish Guards, in common with the other British Army regiments of Irish origin, were long exempted from service in Northern Ireland. (Small numbers of Irish Guardsmen, however, gained experience in Ulster while attached to other Guards regiments during their service in the troubled province.) The drawdown in the overall size of the British Army following the end of the Cold War, however, meant that this policy was no longer sustainable. The year 1993 saw the regiment finally carry out its first tour-of-duty in Northern Ireland, being based in County Fermanagh. The violence in NI had mostly subsided by this time and their first-ever tour west of the Irish Sea passed quietly. They left the following year. In 1995 their second tour of NI began, based in County Tyrone. The regiment headed for Germany in 1998 as part of British Forces Germany, successor to BAOR.

yeah you're stating the obvious there buddy. the docu was made in the mid to late nineties.
    The Irish guards did not serve in the north until 93.

The Irish Guards, in common with the other British Army regiments of Irish origin, were long exempted from service in Northern Ireland. (Small numbers of Irish Guardsmen, however, gained experience in Ulster while attached to other Guards regiments during their service in the troubled province.) The drawdown in the overall size of the British Army following the end of the Cold War, however, meant that this policy was no longer sustainable. The year 1993 saw the regiment finally carry out its first tour-of-duty in Northern Ireland, being based in County Fermanagh. The violence in NI had mostly subsided by this time and their first-ever tour west of the Irish Sea passed quietly. They left the following year. In 1995 their second tour of NI began, based in County Tyrone. The regiment headed for Germany in 1998 as part of British Forces Germany, successor to BAOR.

The household divisions origins go back to Charles I.

Irish Guards advance on Basrah.

Another Irish (now part Irish) regiment not been mentioned are the The Queens Royal Hussars (the Queens own and Royal Irish), formerly the Royal Irish hussars, a senior cavalry regiment of the BA.

The Royal Irish hussars Challenger 2s in Iraq.

The London Irish Rifles, now a TA regiment.

They wear the famous Irish 'Caubeen.' The London Irish Rifles have deployed a number of soldiers to the Balkans, Iraq and Afghanistan.

got my info pack and all the other,day,and have a barb test coming up,and a number and literacy test!(god thier efficient)

this may sound like a weird question,but should i wear a suit,as its just a barb test?i dont want to turn up looking like an overdressed idiot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭uptherebels

got my info pack and all the other,day,and have a barb test coming up,and a number and literacy test!(god thier efficient)

this may sound like a weird question,but should i wear a suit,as its just a barb test?i dont want to turn up looking like an overdressed idiot!

I HEARD smart civies for tests and to save the suits for the interviews.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement