Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galaxy MP5K technical issue.

Options
  • 05-02-2008 8:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭

I recently bought a Galaxy MP5k. It worked fine for about 1000 rounds but then it stopped, when you pull the trigger you can hear the motor trying to turn itself in the grip.

I stripped the gun and dropped out the gear box. When i went to split the box the spring was under compression and ready to fire. I reset eveything and assembled the gun but when I went to fire on the first shot the spring wound back but didnt release.

I have pulled the box apart again but I cant see anything obivously damaged or out of place.

Has any one else had this problem or can any one tell me what to look out for?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Sounds like the battery is low to me.

That sounds too simple though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

Was thinking that myself sounds like the battery is low and when you taking the second shot the spring is being half cocked

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

did you follow any guides to refit everything properly? if the gear timing isnt right it can mean that the piston it going back as far as possible bit the gear teeth are still engaged and not release it as it should. this could end up sheering the teeth off., the timing of the gears should be done in a way that the anti reversal latch locks in just as the piston is about to fire, usually by doing the "1o clock" thing if will be right but can vary between a tooth or 2 on the gear.,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

I'd look at the battery issue too - I had the same issue with my own - even after charging the battery (it was poor enough) - got a new battery and not happened since (cept when it's running lowish)

I'd have sworn it wasnt the battery but after 2 mp5's with the same problem - it had to be more than coincidence:rolleyes: it was that simple - in my case anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 grstarkey78

i had one myself i did find that myself that if i was fireing it on semi that i would flick it on to full auto and went back to normal seems that is a problem but i must say it is a great cheap gun. hope i have been some help

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Popanddrop

hey check out my Galaxy Mp5 post, it contains strip down videos and there is also reassembly videos on the host sites.

did ya ever get your working properly popanddrop?

Ya i did and I sold it yesterday. Thinking of getting a steyr aug.

lol., that didnt last long huh., the AUG is a good gun though.,

I know this is off topic but 1 more question for vtec and that is do you have one?

• Advertisement

no but ive used a few of them., im not a fan of the design but they work very well and have a pretty decent barrel length for the size of the gun.,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭monksavage

No its not the battery, wish it was something as stupid as that tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Mine kinda does the same, might fire semi for a few, then stop go to full auto, might fire might not! flicck the selector a couple of time end up back at auto, then she goes again! I've just got a replacement firefox batt from Shiva, when its charged I'll try it and let you know how I get on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭monksavage

iceage wrote: »
    Mine kinda does the same, might fire semi for a few, then stop go to full auto, might fire might not! flicck the selector a couple of time end up back at auto, then she goes again! I've just got a replacement firefox batt from Shiva, when its charged I'll try it and let you know how I get on.

Thats not the problem im havin lad altho my selector switch does give trouble also.

Advertisement