Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Restaurant for a Group in Dublin?

• 05-02-2008 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas. We are a group of about 15 people who are looking for a restaurant to go to on a Saturday night (first weekend in March). Does anyone have any recomendations? We dont want anything madly expensive and near city centre would be ideal but we will consider anywhere.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭masseyno9

Yo thai in mount merrion is good fun for a group. Tables seat 20 with 2 chefs that come and cook in front of you, as well as entertain you! A litle bit pricey iirc but we didn't mind as the boss was paying. Think it was about €25 for a main course, but it'd be worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Fitzers Temple Bar should be able to accomodate.
    Yo Thai and Chai Yo are a good laugh too.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭barkingmadlolly

Thanks for that, its so hard to know where to go in this city that wont break the bank but has a good atmosphere and lovely food and drink :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Yo Thai in Donnybrook is the same deal but closer to town.
    Chai Yo is on Baggot Street and I've been told it's similar and good.

Has anyone tried the group menu deal in Hugo's on Merrion Row?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 STIX001

Trocadero just off grafton street is brilliant for groups, full of character
    its famed for its walls of fame, photos of celebs down the years that have eatin there(real talented celebs not these teenage twats), its known for
    doing big groups.

im not sure about hugos,
    i was a chef in that building when it was Rubicon restaurant before it lost its way, ive so many fond memories of there, so strange seeing it now...sorry thats off the subject now!

Trocadero's could be good also. Im not sure whether we should go for someplace that will have a variety on the menu as some people can be very fussy eaters!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 STIX001

cant go wrong with Unicorn or Bang consistent and a great choice and quality for value,

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I know a group of people from here (about 14 or 15) went to Hugo's last week and really enjoyed it. I don't think they were limited to a group menu either.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

Faith wrote: »
    I know a group of people from here (about 14 or 15) went to Hugo's last week and really enjoyed it. I don't think they were limited to a group menu either.
    There was 13 of us there in the end, we were not limited to a group menu and there was no service charge added to the bill.

In the end with wine, 3 courses each (give or take) and tea and coffee all round it came to €50 each including tip.

• Advertisement
Advertisement