Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Storex 500GB mpix-33 multimedia player

• 05-02-2008 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Hi

Just got one of these yesterday having trouble accessing it in USB mode .
    My machine is XP it can see the drive within device manager etc but when i try to view it under explorer no luck at all tried different USB cables /different XP machine.

I tried it on a W2k machine as well the result is the same picks up the device you then update the device driver , it see it under the device manager etc but cannot be viewed normally to allow me to start dumping files onto it.

Is it a fat32 issue should i get might hands on windows 98 box and try that hardly. incidentally for the first 2 minutes last night i could access the drive as expected was able to view the properties then it disappeared.

Anyone see this before??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 BedSeller

im guessing its a faulty USB issue with the drive so ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭Hitman Actual

One thing to try before abandoning it: Go to Start->Programs->Administrative Tools->Computer Management->Storage->Disk Management.

If you can see the drive there, try to Open/Explore it from there. If you're still having trouble, right-click on it there (assuming you can see it!) and select the option "Change Drive letter or Path", or whatever it says there, and assign it a different drive letter (one that's not used by the HDD(s) or CD drive). Re-open Explorer and see if it's there now. This may work, although it's more commonly an issue with networked PCs (when the OS tries to assign the player a drive letter already taken by a network).

Also, make sure you're using the USB ports at the back of the PC (the main ones on the motherboard). The front USB ports sometimes give trouble with higher-powered players.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭ToyotaCorolla

yeah tried all those things , its very weird i can stop the device to allow me to remove it , it just for some unknown reason wont allow me to "see" it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭Hitman Actual

yeah tried all those things , its very weird i can stop the device to allow me to remove it , it just for some unknown reason wont allow me to "see" it

Time to get on to the player support site so. It doesn't sound good, especially when you say you were able to 'see' it originally. I've always sorted out any USB problems with what I mentioned in my post.

When/if you do find the problem, will you report it back here? I'd be interested to know the issue.

Advertisement