Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL/UPC Broadband Extreme ?

Options
  • 05-02-2008 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Does anyone know anything about a cable broat NTL/UPC have called "Broadband Extreme". Apparently it sits above "Broadband Ultra" in their packages but there is nothing on their website about it that I can find and I'm not holding any longer on the phone to talk to someone in UPC/NTL about it.

Specifically could someone give me an idea of it's price and features (upload/download speed, monthly download limit etc) ?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Where did you hear about it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

ya they do have it , price is 70e pm not sure what speed it is though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

campo wrote: »
    ya they do have it , price is 70e pm not sure what speed it is though

Why do they not advertise this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

I remember hearing about this but I thought nothing came of it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 BlackJewel

Oh if u are really interested to know how much the UPC Broadband Extreme costs, i will happily tell you.

I recived a letter today, a warning or a threatening i dont know how to call it. Because i am sharing the house and every room has it's own computer, the internet max usage is 250 GB per month... but because i used last month 270.23 GB they tell me they will put UPC Broadband Extreme which costs 79.99 euros (80 euros), but they also give that option that they will disconnect my internet... not funny at all, as not just me uses the internet.

They won't put this offer up on their site because they use it for costumers that are |bad| LOL ...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Thats lovely however this subject is covered here - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055484124 and UPC have a fair usage policy...250GB a month is a reasonable amount for UPC to allow under the FUP.

There is no such thing as an ISP with no cap or limits of anykind!

Also this thread is over a year old, let it die!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement