Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW Golf Sport 1.4 2004

Options
  • 05-02-2008 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭

How much would be the reasonable price for this do you think?

Not a scratch on it,and 38,600 miles!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

depends on where you're buying

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

How can it?! All I'm looking for is a general standard price if people think there is one!

A dealer selling you the car fully serviced and with a warranty is entitled to charge more than someone selling it privately don't you think?

Around 12 straight from a garage. Friend of mine bought a lovely 06 sportline from a dealer for 15 2 weeks ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭Barlow07

kmart6 wrote: »
    How can it?! All I'm looking for is a general standard price if people think there is one!

It depends on the spec, but I'll go for €13,000...........

there are a lot of overpriced Golfs out there. remember how much a Golf base (now with aircon) is if you get tempted by a really clean but expensive one!

• Advertisement

Well I'm being asked for €11000-€11500 with an '02 Punto that I'm been giving €4000 for!

uh huh?

do you really think a 4 year old Golf should be worth €15,500,
    In reality they're buying the Punto in for around €2k (which is about the right trade price) and selling you the Golf out at €13,000-€13,500

Which is slightly too much in my opinion.

Some may disagree if they base what a car is worth on what Carzone says.

Well there's a lot of them on Carzone for that much or close to it,and they'd be without a warrenty!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Nuttzyy

They`re very over piced, 10 grand is enough maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Well there's a lot of them on Carzone for that much or close to it,and they'd be without a warrenty!
    All of them unsold.;)

• Advertisement

Anan1 wrote: »
    All of them unsold.;)

Without a warrenty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

If it's that important to you then buy a warranty.

OP, I don't know who you're trying to convince that you're not being overcharged. As long as you can justify it then that's all that matters.
    Seems like you're about to be another victim of slick marketing for what is essentially a 4 year old 75bhp hatchback with alloys and silicone-damped grab handles.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

There can be a huge difference in what they are asking for them and what they actually sell them for in the real world.

Golfs are notoriously overpriced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭groupb

You'll need a warranty on a golf , especially a 1.4.

Advertisement