Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

girls weekend

Options
  • 05-02-2008 10:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

14 ladies heading to cork in april, ages 25 to 30. want to know where are the good spots to eat on a saturday night, lively pubs and clubs for fri and sat night, not filled with kids.if anyone has anything extra they'd like to add to the weekend let me know. looking forward to hearing.:p

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Hen night?

;)

You'll probably start off with the best intentions, live music, mature crowd etc., and end up in some club.

Wait, that's me. Seriously though, there are some good spots, but my knowledge is so lamentably out of date that I'll leave it to those who actually go out in the city every week to fill in the gaps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 sharx

yea, hen night did i forget to mention, didn't want anyone sending us horrid hen party people to all the dives in cork.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Corksham

Crane Lane is a good big club / bar so head there around 10pm and ye cant go too wrong.
    Regarding eating - Luigi Malones across from opera house will cater for a group that size no bother though there are a ton of restaraunts so if ye favour a particular style like chinese, thai, mexican etc let us know.

Bars - Scotts, Old Oak, Reardens, The Brog, Soho, Bodega will all suit a crowd of 15-20 in your age group

Have fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 sharx

i was in luigi malones in dublin and was really impressed, so that sounds like a really good choice, didn't realise there was one in cork, i'll probably book there. thanks;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

I don't know where is good for dinner but the hottest in the group mighty be lucky enough to get breakfast in mine....

• Advertisement

sharx wrote: »
    i was in luigi malones in dublin and was really impressed, so that sounds like a really good choice, didn't realise there was one in cork, i'll probably book there. thanks;)

Larry Tompkins around the corner for a pint might not be a bad place to start and the nearest pubs to Luigis which fit your description are Woodford and Newport(around the corner).
    Dont forget to order the bug buckets of sangria when you are in luigis!

D-Generate wrote: »
    I don't know where is good for dinner but the hottest in the group mighty be lucky enough to get breakfast in mine....

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭babyguinnessfan

Luigi Malones is ok but the service can be really really slow. If I were you I'd try La Boqueria (Bridge Street). It's a wine/tapas bar and would be perfect to start off with maybe on the Friday night, if you don't want to do the whole proper going out for dinner thing on that night.

Saturday for dinner I would maybe try somewhere like Star Anise or if you want to be a bit adventurous you could try the Ivory Tower. The chef is Seamus O' Connell - he did a brief cookery thing on RTE years back but he is a very inventive chef. The retaurant itself is like someone's front room and is quite small so might not be your thing if you are looking for mad atmosphere!

Check out Greene's, Isaac's, Fenn's Quay, Ristorante Rossini - I think they all have web sites if you google them.

For afters - Crane Lane is a must really. Whatever you do, if someone suggests going to Cubins 'niteclub' do not go!! A complete dive. If anyone is on the pull then the cattle market of Havana Browns upstairs in Reardens is the obvious place to go.

To be honest, Cork city isn't huge so you'll be able to cruise past loads of pubs and just choose as you go.

Have fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Crane lane is awful, last chance saloon for a load of middleagers. Avoid. Avoid. Avoid.

I would echo other comments on Cubins - its a cattlemart on the lowest scale.

When you decide to go clubbing, the majority of clubs will be the same music - try Gorbys or Havanas.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Luigi Malones is ok but the service can be really really slow. If I were you I'd try La Boqueria (Bridge Street). It's a wine/tapas bar and would be perfect to start off with maybe on the Friday night, if you don't want to do the whole proper going out for dinner thing on that night.

Saturday for dinner I would maybe try somewhere like Star Anise or if you want to be a bit adventurous you could try the Ivory Tower. The chef is Seamus O' Connell - he did a brief cookery thing on RTE years back but he is a very inventive chef. The retaurant itself is like someone's front room and is quite small so might not be your thing if you are looking for mad atmosphere!

Check out Greene's, Isaac's, Fenn's Quay, Ristorante Rossini - I think they all have web sites if you google them.

For afters - Crane Lane is a must really. Whatever you do, if someone suggests going to Cubins 'niteclub' do not go!! A complete dive. If anyone is on the pull then the cattle market of Havana Browns upstairs in Reardens is the obvious place to go.

To be honest, Cork city isn't huge so you'll be able to cruise past loads of pubs and just choose as you go.

Have fun!

Baby guiness persons dead right about the restraunts. As for pubs it really depends on what type ye like. Ye will want somewhere big if theres 15 of ye though.
    Crane Lane - large, ages 21 - 50, good for smokers, more a place to go and chat with friends though as opposed to a night out partying.
    Scotts- last chance saloon cattle mart
    Reardons - ages 20 - 35, loud, can be a laugh but wouldnt be considered very cool. popular with country people.
    The brog - 18 to early 30s most are early 20s. rock music, good laugh but crowd could be a little youg.
    Soho - 21 to 35s, very loud pop music. food not bad.
    The slate 20s and thirties good laugh but more of a late bar.
    100 other pubs but these are larger ones more age appropriate, lots of good ones on mccurtain street and around north/south main streets and washington street.
    As for clubs for your age group id go for the bodega. Everyman palace is small but a good laugh. If ye like cheesy music in the Abba vein try gorbys on the friday night or of course the strangely popular havanna browns.

• Advertisement
Advertisement