Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

no right click menu here?

Options
  • 05-02-2008 10:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭

Is the right click menu disabled on boards.ie? When posting I have no right click option to copy part of a post to quote or copy the [/quote] codes. Is it my PC or is it here? On other non boards.ie forums it works OK
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

How many problems can one guy have? :p It's working fine here, try on a different site.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

No problems here with the context menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Are you using a Mac?

( :cool: )

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Works fine on a mac too :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭masterwriter

Fajitas! wrote: »
    Are you using a Mac?

( :cool: )
    No a PC and it is OK on other forums

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Sorry, could you define the problem better? I don't really understand what isnt working for you...

DeV.

rkm wrote: »
    How many problems can one guy have.
    want to start counting...:)

DeVore wrote: »
    Sorry, could you define the problem better? I don't really understand what isnt working for you...
    DeV.
    When i post as in this post i do not have a right click mmenu of

undo
    cut
    copy
    paste
    delete
    select all

I have a menu including paste but no cut or copy. It is the long menu seen on a web page
    back
    forward
    save background as
    etc

So I cannot copy/paste in this forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

And you don't have this on other websites?

There's nothing in the code that seems likely to interfer with the menus, so I'd suspect your browser being were the problem lay before suspecting the site.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

hmmm... I still cant see what you mean. On what are you "right clicking" ?

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

DeVore wrote: »
    hmmm... I still cant see what you mean. On what are you "right clicking" ?

DeV.
    He means just anywhere on the page that is not a hyperlink or image. Specifically if he wants to copy the text he has just selected. But copy it via right click as opposed to ctrl-C.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Maybe you should try a different browser?

What browser are you using now? :)

Talliesin wrote: »
    And you don't have this on other websites?.
    No and only recently here. I only notice because of not being able to copy/paste text and [/quote] when wanting to part quote. Maybe browser

Gordon wrote: »
    He means just anywhere on the page that is not a hyperlink or image. Specifically if he wants to copy the text he has just selected. But copy it via right click as opposed to ctrl-C.
    Dead on

Joe Robot wrote: »
    Maybe you should try a different browser?

What browser are you using now? :)
    IE 7

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

That'd be nothing to do with boards and all to do with your PC / Browser. There is Javascript that can block right clicks, but it's not implemented on this site.

Advertisement