Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you report posts?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭il gatto

Terry wrote: »
    When a mod asks you to PM them in a week, they are just asking you to remind them to lift the ban. They are not asking you to beg for anything.
    We ban a lot of people and tend to forget who was banned and when they were banned.

I contend that the banning was completely in the wrong and, therefore, would not participate on a board with such draconian mods and lickspittle posters. Just my take on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

I believe I have just started reporting posts recently. Only spam so far though I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Occasionally - spam or Dublin threads in AH ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

biko wrote: »

Sounds like racism (surely somehow) to me, post reported!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Terry wrote: »
    Click the multi-quote button (between the quote button and the quick reply button).
    When you have clicked on all the posts you want to quote, click on the post reply button (bottom of the last post on the page/thread). This will open the full reply option and then you can reply to each quote individually.

I hope I explained that clearly.

The report post button is this one.
    If you want to report a post, just click it, give a brief explanation of why you are reporting the post and then hit submit.
    I get notifications immediately and deal with them ASAP.
    There is usually always an AH mod on-line to deal with reported posts.

Thanks for that Terry -

Where would we be without you :)

I'd agree with the Dublin posts. It can be mighty annoying and Im a Dub myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Orlee wrote: »
    Hugs and buys a pint for Orlee :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

And what's worse is when people assume everyone talks about Dublin.

"Is there a cinema in Dundrum?". Where, Co. Dublin or Co. Tipperary?
    Blackrock is in Cork as well as Dublin.
    I'm buying a house in Kildare, what's the commute like?- unwritten assumptions that everyone commutes to Dublin.
    I was on boards quite a while before I knew where "Blanch" was.

Yep, I report posts sometimes, mainly just the spam Nokia posts though.
    Any reports are usually dealt with swiftly by the mods, fair play :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭sunnyjim

I never do.

It's pointless sometimes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Pighead always posts the 45th reply in any given thread. Some may say this is a bit of a haphazard way of weeding out the idiots but if you put down "being a spanner" as the reason for the reported post it usually fits the bill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

I've never done it, if I saw something that really deserved it I'd consider it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

FunkZ wrote: »
    I've never done it, if I saw something that really deserved it I'd consider it...
    Fcuk off you whiney cnut.

Hugs and buys a pint for Orlee :)

holding you to that biko!!!!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

Got banned yesterday for saying this.

someone was going about what’s better the 60gb ps3 or the new 40gb ps3 & i said messing : you cant polish a turd.

So neither

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭Gumbyman

I heard that if you report a post 5 times Candyman appears behind you and sticks his hand up your hole. The one without the hook.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Never

I've been in a fair few heated debates in the soccer forum and never reported anything. Take it like a man!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

I report all posts you know kind of like a review. e.g. This post was very informative and well written or This post "+1" did not contribute very much to the debate.

7.8 million reports and counting. :D

How's my posting report me

I think I've probably reported 3 people, maybe more. Think 1 was for commercial spam, not sure what the other was for, but one was definately someone giving me personal abuse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

holding you to that biko!!!!! ;)

Advertisement