Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Report post feature

Options
  • 05-02-2008 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, On some other boards i use, when a post is reported the report post icon is disabled, to let other users know it has been reported and also to keep the reported messages to just one. Is this option available as a default ?

Only drawback would be, "why the feck was my post reported" syndrome, but thats another cup of tea.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

I think it was mentioned before (on this forum possibly) for the report post button to be dimmed or changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,421 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Things have been simplified on the moderator end with all complaints going to the same thread.

However, its useful to leave the user end as is:
    (a) If someone edits something worse into the post, it can still be reported.
    (b) It si good to have a variety of opinion from "a bit much" to "way to far", it allows a more proportionate response.
    (c) It keeps the shills and spammers guessing on response times.

Thanks for the feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Yeah, I kinda like the multiple reported posts now that they are bunched into the same thread/reported post. As a Smod I browse the reported posts forum and will give extra attention to the reported posts with >1 reply.

Advertisement