Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stay in Maynooth when you finish your degree?

• 05-02-2008 11:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭

Any of ye planning on staying on if ye get jobs locally or in Dublin? Or are you counting down the days until you leave? Have met a lot of people recently (myself included) that are past students who have stayed on in Maynooth for years after they finish college.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

well, im still here and i finished my degree. im still doing a masters, but onyl part time and online, as i work full time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Susannahmia

Yup I'm planning on staying, I hate my home town and Maynooth is so handy for commuting etc. Loads of my friends will still be there too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭eve

I finished in NUIM in 2005 and I know of loads of people who are finished more than a year and chose to stay in Maynooth. There's even a few who left and returned again. As far as commuting goes it's perfect if you get a job in Dublin as you have a train line and 2 bus routes to choose from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Yep have stayed on and have a few friends that have too...something about this little place, think it'll be my home for quite a while :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Serpentine

Depends on the person, couldn't wait to get out of Maynooth I was getting cabin fever there :eek: :eek: :eek: I've since met so many people who studied at NUIM who feel the same, it just didn't fit my expectations of college esp the social scene :confused: now I live in town & its much more my scene, you get sick of seeing the same people all the time in Maynooth but you never know when I'm old & eccentric I may go back there ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭pookie82

Yup Maynooth definitely traps its own!! I started here in 2001 and I'm still here - admittedly I'm on my second two year masters but could easily see myself staying on here afterwards if I got a job locally as I'm not a big city fan but this is close enough to city/Liffey Valley/Blanch for convenience and still small enough to be friendly and relatively quiet.(Though at the rate it's growing maybe not for long!!) Social life never bothered me to be honest - frequented the Glenroyal in my first years and after that the Roost disco bar or Brady's were always enough for me - maybe I'm gettin old!! Plus Dub isn't too far away if you want to go on the proper rip.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭roxychix

yeah graduated in 06 and livin there. alot of my friends still floatin bout place its bit sad when u walk round grounds and alot of youngs faces i repeated plus did ma there so feelin the age thing a bit i remember there being no jhume building etc and being stuck in aula maxima on cold winter days. And good old days in the old glemroyal not ****hole now and when drinks wer 3€ in la. handy for commutin for work dont think i could ever leave and move back home or to dub well not in the forseen year or two anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭pisslips

Must leave........Maynooth.
    Three years is long enough to spend anywhere when your young

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Serpentine

pisslips wrote: »
    Must leave........Maynooth.
    Three years is long enough to spend anywhere when your young

:D:D:D My sentiments exactly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭SW81

Why not stay. It's so near Dublin for anything you want/social life, yet away from the madness when you just want to come home after a hard day's work.

• Advertisement
Advertisement