Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rag week

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Sexual Health Awareness and Growth?

As in grow your knob?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I always assumed the G was for guidance. :S

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I guess Minto has a growth problem and its on his mind ;)

Murderer is right, it stands for Sexual Health Awareness and Guidance week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭tubey

I know this is a college thing but I heard a rumour that masons are doing a stripper style extravaganza for fellas and girls!?

Can this work? never seen it done before in the town

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

As this is WIT RAG Week related, I am merging it with the already existing thread in the WIT Forum :)

Topic Merged

This is the first I heard of it btw. The schedule for the week is above, with a few additions on the way.

• Advertisement

I think your Christmas day WIT thread was somewhat related as well...but howisever...

tubey wrote: »
    I think your Christmas day WIT thread was somewhat related as well...but howisever...

I aimed the thread to Waterford City people and not college students. Thats why its not in the WIT Forum. :)

But Waterford people might be interested in strippers? no?

Its a mostly student event, organized by the students to raise money for local charities. Its got feck all to do with the City forum apart from it being hosted there. Hence, its a WIT topic. :)

The topic in the City forum is a discussion AFTER it was organized and happened. It was not created to promote the event or get people from the city to go out to it. I was asking what the people of the city thought of the event after it happened last year as it is the locals who have been complaining to local press, guards and the college about the problems students are causing on the night in question. It would not have fitted in the WIT Forum, as it would have been only discussed mainly by students which is not the target audience of the topic. :)

If you still want to debate it, feel free to send me a PM as we have gone a tad bit of topic! Cheers.

I understand your point..but although it's a rag week event, it's happening in a city bar and is open to everyone, student or not.

• Advertisement

Click Here

End of.

This is the first I heard of it btw.

I was told that they were trying to organise it, but last time I spoke to them it was only really an idea they were investigating.

We'll know for sure when the official programme of events is released and Tubey, I'm sure that Masons will advertise it well so you won't be left in the dark :)

I was told that they were trying to organise it, but last time I spoke to them it was only really an idea they were investigating.

We'll know for sure when the official programme of events is released and Tubey, I'm sure that Masons will advertise it well so you won't be left in the dark :)

Thanks mate.

I'm back in on Tuesday to sort out RAG/SHAG week related stuff. However, your in the know more then I am since your running an event yourself. Anything else being prepared / planned? Btw, ever heard of Blue Print?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Cantab.

So much for the raising and giving

Cantab. wrote: »

How so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 irish07

I can't wait for the full details to be released.

Cantab. wrote: »
    Most events are ticketed events with only the costs being covered and the rest going to charity.

For the poker event, 50% of what's raised is going to charity and the rest going into the prizepool. Nobody is making any money out of this and rest assured, plenty of money will be going to charity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Cantab.

Most events are ticketed events with only the costs being covered and the rest going to charity.

For the poker event, 50% of what's raised is going to charity and the rest going into the prizepool. Nobody is making any money out of this and rest assured, plenty of money will be going to charity.

Gamblers Anonymous? Alcoholics Anonymous? Salvation Army?

I'm sure your donation will be graciously received.

You might consider inviting some down-and-outs along to the "food eating competition" or the "iron stomach competition"?

Might I suggest that you donate to the Cat Protection Society? I'm sure there are plenty of poor stringy cats who'd be glad to have a poke around in a bucket of fresh vomit.

Your making no sense...

• Advertisement

I do believe I have been given the final version of RAG Week Events.

Monday Feb. 25th
    Street Entertainment
    11.30am - 12.30pm - Jugglers & Stilt Walkers, College St. Campus.
    1.00pm - 2.00pm - Jugglers & Stilt Walkers, Cork Rd. Campus.
    Relax and be entertained!

Live Music
    12.00pm - 1.00pm - Live Trad Music, College St. Canteen.
    Running in conjunction with the WIT Trad Society.

Film Day
    11AM - Disney Lion King (FILM), Auditorium Cork Rd.
    2PM - Van Wilder (FILM), Auditorium Cork Rd.
    4PM - Old School (FILM), Auditorium Cork Rd.
    Come watch your favourite classic funny movies!!
    Kindly sponsored by Four Star Pizza

Live Acoustic Session
    12.30pm - 1.30pm - Seamus Roche, Dome Bar Cork Rd.
    01.00pm - 02.00pm - Decky Downey, College St. Canteen
    Both acts should not be missed!!

Celebrity Gunge
    2PM - Celebrity Gunge, Dome Bar
    Come see two well know faces get gunge for charity and for your entertainment!!
    Kindly sponsored by Alpha IT Solutions

Live Music
    02.00PM - 04.00PM - DJ Enda, Dome Bar.

Pool Tournament
    3PM - Pool Tournament, Games Rome Cork Rd. Entry Fee: €5 per entry
    Great prices on offer, contact Students Union for more info!
    Running in conjunction with WIT Pool Society

Table Quiz
    9PM - Revolutions Bar
    How good is your general knowledge?? Great prizes to be won.

Big Generator and Fancy Dress Themed Night
    09.30PM - Big Generator and Fancy Dress Themed Night, Dome Bar Cork Rd. Entry Fee: €5 per entry

Fire Show
    09.00PM - 10.30PM - Fire Show, Dome Bar Cork Rd.
    Not too be missed!!!
    Note:: The fire show is OUTSIDE the dome. Not inside. ;)

Tuesday Feb. 26th
    Eating Competition
    12.30pm - Eating Competition, College St.
    Kindly sponsored by Four Star Pizza

Battle of the Boggers
    12pm - 2pm - Battle of the Boggers, All weather Astro-Turf.
    Fancy dress inter-college soccer tournament. Please come along and support WIT team to victory!!
    Running in conjunction with the WIT Agriculture Society.

Live Music
    1pm - 2pm - Seamus Roche, College St. canteen
    1pm - 2pm - Live Trad music, Atrium Cork Rd.
    Running in conjunction with the WIT Trad Society.

Celebrity Gunge
    2PM - Celebrity Gunge, Dome Bar Cork Rd.
    Come see two well know faces get gunge for charity and for your entertainment!!!!
    Sponsored by Alpha IT Solutions

Live Music
    2PM - 4PM - DJ Enda, Dome Bar Cork Rd.

Sports Day
    10 teams battle it out to be crowned the ultimate sport champions of WIT!
    3PM - 5 PM - Waterford Crystal Playing Fields €15 per entry and 5 players per team (minimum of 2 female players per team)
    Please come support all the contestants’. Contact the Students’ Union office for more details!

Hypnotist
    6PM - 8PM - Hypnotist, Dome Bar Cork Rd.
    Look out for the WITSU raffle!!

WIT Factor Final
    9PM - WIT Factor Final, Dome Bar Cork Rd.
    Come watch WIT best musical acts battle it out for the title!!

Game Show Themed night
    9PM - Masons Bar
    Play your favourite T.V. game shows!

Club Night!
    Theme Night: County Colours
    10PM - County Colours, Oxygen Entry Fee: €2
    All proceeds will be donated to WITSU RAG Week chosen charities
    Where your club or county colours with pride!!

Wednesday Feb. 27th
    Inflatables Day
    11.00am - 3.00pm - Inflatables Day, Cork Rd & College St.
    Lifetime opportunity to have a bit of inflatable madness!!

Iron Stomach
    1PM - 2PM - Iron Stomach, Dome Bar.
    Will you be able to handle it??

Celebrity Gunge
    2PM - Celebrity Gunge, Dome Bar.
    Come see two well know faces get gunge for charity and for your entertainment
    Kindly Sponsored by Alpha IT Solutions

Live Music
    3PM - 4PM - Decky Downey playing Live acoustic session, Dome Bar.

Magician and Comedian
    1.00pm - 2.30pm - Jack Walsh and Eric Lawlor (as seen on Des Bishop), College St.
    04.00pm - 05.30pm - Jack Walsh and Eric Lawlor (as seen on Des Bishop), Dome Bar.
    Kindly Sponsored by Alpha IT Solutions

Evening entertainment
    9PM - Evening Entertainment, Masons
    Never before seen adult entertainment!!!!

Playboy Night
    10PM - Playboy Night, Oxygen
    Dress to impress!!!

Thursday Feb. 28th
    Live Music
    1PM - 2PM - Live acoustic music by Mark Hogan, Dome Bar

Poker Tournament
    2.30pm - 6.30pm - Poker Tournament, Dome Bar. €5 per entry
    Great prizes to be won. Contact the Students’ Union officer for more details
    Running in conjunction with the WIT Poker Society.
    Kindly sponsored by IrishEyesPoker.com
    Note:: The number on the posters is INCORRECT - contact 086-3524728 if your interested.[/b]

Live Comedian
    7PM - Neil Delimere, Dome Bar. (SOLD OUT)
    As seen on the renowned RTE TV show the Panel!
    Kindly sponsored by Alpha IT Solutions

Irish Night
    9PM - Irish Night, Masons Bar.
    Get a chance to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day early with plenty of “Craic agus Ceol”!

Silent O2 Headphone Disco
    10PM - Silent O2 Headphone Disco, Oxygen. Entry Fee: €7. Half Price for o2 Customers.
    As seen in Electric Picnic ‘07. An experience not to be missed!!
    Tickets on sale on the night at the door for all club events.

No Friday Events Planned.

Ah strippers!!! Yes! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Sully wrote: »
    Evening entertainment
    9PM - Evening Entertainment, Masons
    Never before seen adult entertainment!!!!

Ah come on now Sully, if its strippers, just say its strippers. None of this "adult entertainment" craic! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

Where do we get Neil Delamare Tickets

Minto wrote: »
    Ah come on now Sully, if its strippers, just say its strippers. None of this "adult entertainment" craic! :p

I'm just quoting the events list supplied to me. We can only assume its strippers, which will end up being a very amusing night indeed!

stick-dan wrote: »
    Where do we get Neil Delamare Tickets

More then likely The Dome. They normally have tickets in behind the bar, but there will be people selling them by the reception (usually). I wont be able to confirm this until next week, when the organising of this type of stuff is being sorted.

I personally think its a nice line up for the week, but rather disappointed there is no good bands. There all in recording, or just simply to expensive.

• Advertisement

Strippers and lesbian shows! And something about male strippers down stairs....Down with that sort of thing! haha

Advertisement