Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rag week

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭flonge

went to c neil delamare in d dome 2nite..
    he is absolutely class
    the warm up comedian was really funny especially when he went on about the different irish accents..
    what did everyone else think of it?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

nikki 122 wrote: »
    hey hey .. what was the name of the guy that won the tripe and bull balls competition?? my mate is mad into him and i told her i would try to find out

thanks

Its very unlikely anyone will be willing to give out personal details, but someone might get in touch with you from Boards. Either that, or you could ask the Union but id imagine they would not provide the info! Sorry!
    flonge wrote: »
    went to c neil delamare in d dome 2nite..
    he is absolutely class
    the warm up comedian was really funny especially when he went on about the different irish accents..
    what did everyone else think of it?

Yup they were both very good, have to say fair play to him. Didnt take kindly to messers!

Did anybody try out any of the other comedians or acts during the week?!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Well Thursday night ended a great Rag Week. Neill was very funny as was his warm up show. Congrats to both for putting on an excellent show. I think we all need to say thanks to the lads in Students Union, in particular Conor. They all put in a lot of effort to make this RAG Week one of the best (compared to recent times) the college has had.

Lets hope we can continue and make it even better next year!

Ill keep the topic open for a short period, and will update when the full amount going to charities is announced. Thanks to all for their generous donations, and well, thanks for nothing to those who refused to donate to the charities!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

Also a Congratulations is in order for fellow Visual Communications student Niamh Cronin who won Miss WIT, we're fair proud of her ! :)

Congrats Niamh :) and to all the others who won different events during the week!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Just to clarify a few things:

There were many complaints at the WIT Poker Club event that we were "raping" the prizepool.

We did no such thing, we agreed prior to the event to go 50-50 with the Students Union i.e 50% of monies collected would go to the SU's chosen charity and the rest would go the prizepool. We, as a club and individuals, received no money or payment for running the event and ran it on a voluntary basis.

We also worked very hard to secure a sponsor who would add "value" to the tournament and make it worth peoples while to play. We negotiated with IrishEyesPoker.com who agreed to offer every player a €10 no-strings-attached voucher to all players who participated.

Upon announcing the prizepool, we were bombarded with complaints and as a result we altered the prizepool so that 66% went to the prizepool and 33% went to charity. This is despite our sponsors guaranteeing a €10 voucher to all players for an event that cost €5 to enter!

In one way I'm delighted that so many people turned up to the event (over 75) but I'm also disappointed that we had to deviate from what we had agreed with the Students Union and couldn't meet what the amount that we hoped to raise. In fact, both myself and my committee members decided to dip into our own pockets at the end of the night and each offered to contribute more money (up to €20 each) to the charity!

Regards,
    Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭ec18

Anyone have a total?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

The total will more or likely be announced before the end of the week seeing as how the student elections are over..

Advertisement