Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PTRB tax claim?

Options
  • 06-02-2008 12:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭

My landlord rang me recently and gave me his PTRB (what does this stand for btw?) number and said I could use it to claim tax back on the rent I've paid over the last year. Does anyone know how I'd go about doing this, and is it possible to lodge this claim online?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

If you're registered with revenue online, then yes.
    If not, you should be able to do it over the phone, or at least if you call up they'll post you out the form
    You just fill in the RENT1 form and you'll get some tax back, i forget how much exactly (though i think it's about 360?)

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭anonymousjunkie

PRTB! Why would he give you his PRTB number. PRTB stands for private residential tenancies board, mainly used to handle disputes between landlords and tenants.

You'll need his PPS number in order to fill out the form.

Here's the link to the form:

http://www.revenue.ie/forms/rent1.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

I presumed that's what the OP meant, acronym soup can get confusing sometimes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Jaysus, sounds like you've a decent skin as a landlord!!
    Be thankfull, bloody thankfull, they are very rare.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭SarahMc

You don't need landlord's PRTB or PPS number to claim rent relief. But basically, you have a landlord who is legit, is paying tax on rent, and is happy for you to claim. Straight onto Revenue with you..

• Advertisement
Advertisement