Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle

• 06-02-2008 12:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭

(I used the search functions and found that the previous Newcastlke threads werent that useful.)

Myself and 4 other mates (all lads, early 20's) are heading over to Newcastle for a lads weekend bash (I know I know) as we got tickets for the game against United on Feb. 23rd. We are heading over on a Thursday (early) and heading back on the Saturday night.

Basically, can anyone give me any information on things to do apart from the football. Any suggestions for good pubs and clubs (preferably student ones) or decent nightlife areas. Do the clubs/pubs do good promos over there?

Were thinking of staying in the Albatross Hostel or maybe City Apartments Hotel. Has anyone had experiences with either of them.

Finally, we did a similar trip last year to Edinburgh. If anyone has been to both cities, would you say they are comparable in relation to nightlife and cost.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

Bigg Market.

Loads of pre match boozing and entertainment, if your a newcastle fan.

Bigg Market and environs in the evening for pubs and clubs, lots of cheap boozing and specials along the waterfront area.

some of the night clubs have a few door policies to be aware of, ie no trainers, jeans, leprosy etc.

great town for a party.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭The G Child

Newcastle is a savage spot. Went there for a stag weekend last year and the place is mental. As the previous poster said, the Bigg Market and Waterfront areas are where you want to go. Some of the pubs are a bit rough in fairness but you'll clock them straight away when you go in.
    We stayed in the Quality Inn in Newgate Street which is right beside Bigg Market and a short walk to St James. I'd highly recomend it.

Advertisement