Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Venues in Waterford

• 06-02-2008 12:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭

I need to book a gig for a few bands in waterford in March. Anyone know of a few venues in town that are open to heavy music?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Have you asked the Forum? Maybe even the Kaz Bar?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Electric avenue you could try... Not so sure about heavy music but its worth a shot!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

Electric Avenue is far and away the most suitable if the bands are reasonably well known. Ruby's Lounge is another possible option. The Forum is the bands are big.

There used to be Paul Flynn's, which would be smaller, but there was a fire and I'm not sure what the story is with it now, or where the bands that played there go now. Philly Grimes (candlelight sessions) if a small venue is in order and the music is not too heavy.

There are probably a load of pubs you could add to the list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 valdonican

Try Murphy's on the Quay, fond of rock down there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Ri na hEireann

For a heavy band,depending how heavy, the only option is The Forum really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

The forum is already booked for the night I need. Anywhere else openminded?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

bombidol wrote: »
    The forum is already booked for the night I need. Anywhere else openminded?

I'd try Electric Avenue if I were you... though I don't know what you mean by open minded. :)

Advertisement