Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Its a citroen.. but its..... sexy ?!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

I like it especially the estate very nice looking car indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭groupb

cantdecide wrote: »
    I think the saloon looks like a cross between the A6 and the BMW 3 but the estate looks drop dead gorgeous:eek:

I think it looks a bit better than something as boring as an A6.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

pburns, that link to the Mazda 6 at Park motors is very dubious. The car pictured looks like the fully loaded 2.0 sport SE version at around €35K, and certainly not the €28,470 advertised. If you phoned about that one do you think they might say its just sold, and would you like a base one? :rolleyes:
    bazz26 wrote: »
    Its also on foreign (German?) plates despite being RHD. Looks like the top of range 2.5 litre too.

Yeah I know - very dubiuous. I've been thinking of ringing the garage to suss it out. What annoys me is that this spec - the best looking spec of a new 6 I've seen - is not even available in Ireland. The Sport model upwards come with that tacky plastic grill Mazda have hitherto confined to the MPS versions. Also, the top spec for the diesel is Exec SE which has crummy 16'' alloys and no Bluetooth. If you wanted a 6 to look like the one I linked you'd have to get the dealer to add extras (wheels etc.) to an Exec SE. It's annoying 'cos all the ingrediants are there for a fantastic car wsith great looks.

If Mazda don't improve their specs I'll be shopping elsewhere* but I'd be sad to move from Mazda...

* maybe new Accord;)...

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Pyridine

It's a nice looking car but what's the story with the steering wheel. There's more buttons on it than the centre console!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,501 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Pyridine wrote: »
    It's a nice looking car but what's the story with the steering wheel. There's more buttons on it than the centre console!

Good point!! What freaks me out with the Citreon's, is the fact that the steering wheel moves whilst the centre part stays still! Looks very strange..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

As I stated on a previous thread - yes, I do like this new C5 and I reckon it will see a drastic improvement in sales for Citroën in this market segment. The 1.6HDi saloon comes in at 149g/km which isn't bad.

More info here > Citroën C5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

Some new pics on autotrader sporting 19" alloys, very VERY nice imho.

Blows away anything in that size for looks, including the Alfa 159 I'm afraid to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I've sat in the new C5 - not in any way plastic - quite refined actually....

It's definitely a looker - safe too - 5 star NCAP for front seat and 4 star for children and pedestrians. Pyrotechnics in the bonnet hinges designed to protect pedestrians should they get thrown over the bonnet (same as C6).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

Real eye catcher I have to say, a bit surprised to be honest.

The rims look weird though, looks like they are deformed, and the SOS button is on the right of the dashboard, a bit weird. But dashboard is beautiful too.
    Good performance Citroen on this new design, the first real eye catcher, since...the DS?

mick.fr wrote: »
    Good performance Citroen on this new design, the first real eye catcher, since...the DS?

Steady on!!! Firstly the new C5 cannot be mentioned in the same breath as the ground-breaking DS (even if it has become the classic-of-choice for baldy, trendy, D4-dwelling media-luvvies).

The new C5 is more like the Xantia - and that's no bad thing - the Xantia was an interesting, handsome mid-range alternative in it's day - unlike most of the Citroens that followed in the late '90s and early 00s.
    crosstownk wrote: »
    As I stated on a previous thread - yes, I do like this new C5 and I reckon it will see a drastic improvement in sales for Citroën in this market segment. The 1.6HDi saloon comes in at 149g/km which isn't bad.

More info here > Citroën C5.

OK - just to beat the drum again - the Mazda 6 2.0 D (>140bhp) also comes in at 149g/kg...

Bet the 1.6HDi continues to be a bigger seller than the 2.0 diesel C5... Irish buyers are more interested in show-than-go...:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

The Avensis has the best CO2 rating bar the Laguna 1.5 dCi at 146 g/km.(130 for the 1.5 dCi Laguna).

Though as long as it's under 156 g/km, it doesn't matter as it will get 20% VRT and €290 road tax a year.

Hopefully now that in many cases the larger engines will be in the same CO2 and hence VRT and road tax category as their smaller brethren, more people will go for more powerful/bigger engines in a car's range.

E92 wrote: »
    The Avensis has the best CO2 rating bar the Laguna 1.5 dCi at 146 g/km.(130 for the 1.5 dCi Laguna).

Though as long as it's under 156 g/km, it doesn't matter as it will get 20% VRT and €290 road tax a year.

Hopefully now that in many cases the larger engines will be in the same CO2 and hence VRT and road tax category as their smaller brethren, more people will go for more powerful/bigger engines in a car's range.

E92 after all that work on the VRT stickie you must have all these figures at your fingertips... Ever think about setting up a car-buying consultancy for the July rush?:D

It'll be interesting to see how close the forthcoming Accord diesel will get to breaking into Band B... Not that i'd base a buying descision on it - i'd rather have a few more bhp and some nice extras...

Advertisement