Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Coupe Sunroof Problem

Options
  • 06-02-2008 1:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

Hi , I have a serious problem with my sunroof. I hit the open/close button on the sunroof accidently tonight. It opened half way and jammed. It seems to be sticking on the arm on the passengers side. When I manually attempted to close it it still stuck. I will have another go at fixing it in the day light but as a fall back I am wondering is there anywhere around Kildare/Portlaoise/Tullamore that can fix them. I'd rather stay clear of main dealers as I am changing the car in a few weeks and really dont want to be too much out of pocket. Thanks for reading!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

check that nothing is obstructing it on the rail. if you get the manual winder, turn it backwards and forwards where it is catching while pushing the glass with your hand. this may get it past where it's sticking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 wcullen

Hi Colm.

I have removed the actual glass unit and can see that there is nothing caught in the rails. I have oiled the rail and it still jams. The right hand arm/pully goes up and down fine, the left hand one jams half way. The arm thats giving trouble does seem a little looser that the other one. I'd love there to be a quick fix. It will be a cold drive to work in the morning!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

Similar thing happened on my Wifes Coupe, of course while I was driving it. Is the plastic arm on the left side broken? this what happened hers, as you try to lcose the roof it catches and stops the rof closing. From the drivers seat you should be able to reach up and ensure everything is clipped into place. This will allow you to close the roof. I have still to drop the car in to be looked at properly, not in a rush as the car is not being driven and it is a bit chilly to open the roof.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Actually, the sunroof seems to be a known problem area of the Coupe. One of the only problem areas actually. But given that it's a known and common problem, maybe there's a specific thing that goes in them, so if you look it up or try ringing Hyundai Ireland or UK and asking them they'll be able to tell you.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Yeah, I had a similar problem when I had an '02 Coupe, except that it was the interior sunshade that was getting stuck half-way, not the glass part. Fortunately it was fixed under the dealer's warranty (car was out of manufacturer warranty by that time). It was a little arm thing on the left side that was broken.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

Just rang Hyundai dealer to see what is invovled, not a small job. The head lining has to come out. When I mentioned a couple of hundred euro, he said go again. Any other suggestions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 wcullen

Hi. I looked at this earlier and discovered that the arm on the left is broken. I think this is the same plastic thing ye are talking about. It’s on the bottom of the rail.

Is there anyway to force it into place without damaging the mechanism?

The bit that’s broke doesn’t look like it does anything significant but it obviously does.

I am changing the car in 2-3 weeks so if it closed I'd let the garage look after it if at all possible.

Advertisement