Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

new lancer...tempting

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭gogs2006

thinking about one myself....price is right....must call to a dealer for a test drive:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

im 26 looking for a saloon but not too pricey to run and has a sporty enough look. only thing is interior aint the nicest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭gogs2006

my girlfriend is very keen to get it...she's currently driving a 1.2 astra so insurance should'nt be badly affected..we had looked at 2 year old astras for similar money...
    i spoke to a friend who is a mitsubishi mechanic and his wife has ordered one from seeing a picture:D:D
    excellent value for a new car with good spec...i'am looking forward to driving one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

Its jap afterall. A decent, reliable car and finally a very very attractive looking Lancer saloon. I have to say, they did a nice job externally to the lancer, compared to the awful looking old model.

Just be careful with the 18" wheels as listed on the advertisment, they will have to be well looked after on Irish roads and also be aware tyres might be expensive when it comes to replacing them later down the road. One final thing is the ride might also feel a little rough too, due to the size. Personally to me, they dont look like 18" in the images, but I'll trust what it says there.

I'd say go for it, providing you like it when you take it for a test drive. Thumbs up! They did a great job on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

and look at the size of the boot.................
    the mafia would love it:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

18"s on a 1.5,

am i missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

legs11 wrote: »
    18"s on a 1.5,

am i missing something?

what implications does that have? has the lancer 1.5 got abit of poke in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

I'm not sure bout it myself. The sea of black/grey plastic on the dash is a bit off putting. It looks stubby from the rear as well. another 6 inches on the boot wouldv'e looked better. It looks great from outside though, bar the boot thing

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

They have totally ripped off the front of the Volvo S40 and the back of the Lexus IS250. It's plagiarism I tells ya! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BnA

Myself and the wife loved the look of them too from pictures. We had been planning changing her car and were going to go for something 1 or 2 years old. But we saw an ad for these the price of them was very attractive. So I went in and took one for a test drive.

I was very very disappointed.

1) They don't look half as well in the flesh as they did in pictures. Their best angle is from the side. They're not great from the front and they are simply awful from the Back.

2) The interiour is awful. Horrible plain grey plastic. No special new car feel from it at all whatsoever.

3) The drive is pretty poor over all. Very under powered. Definately more power in my wife's current 1.4 Octavia.

If I was to buy a new car for that money, I would definately buy another new Octavia instead. Superiour car in every way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

jon1981 wrote: »
    http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=839221

hey what do people make of this? not bad for a saloon or am i mad?
    You're not mad, you're just not a car enthusiast.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,230 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Are they putting a Mivec unit in any model apart from the evo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

bigkev49 wrote: »
    Are they putting a Mivec unit in any model apart from the evo?
    Doubt it. Mitsubishi have just developed a brand new diesel(with as much as 200 bhp depending on where you read, and it will even be sold in the US), so I'd say a lot of the cooking models will have that in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Cosmo K

If I was to buy a new car for that money, I would definately buy another new Octavia instead. Superiour car in every way.

Another win for the Skoda Octavia:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭IrishRover

Looking at the configurator for the new Lancer on Mitsubishi's Ireland site here I see that there is only one model - a 1.5 and that's it. Why is there such little choice available in the Irish market?

I see the 1.5 is a mivec type and the power is listed as 109bhp. Is it a decent enough engine? Is it the kind of engine that would not have much of a tax difference under the new scheme after July?

I thought it was quite preposterous that no matter which paint colour you choose, it's listed as a €350 extra on top of the list price of €22,495. It seems unlikely that anyone would be allowed to order the car without paint, so why aren't they obligated to publish the base price as €22,845?

Why is there no hatchback version of the car? It seems like most of the Jap cars in this class and immediately above (like Galant, Accord, Carina, 626) used to have both a saloon and a hatchback version, but now there does not seem to be a hatchback version at all in any of those. Why not? And whatever happened to the Galant anyway? It used to be a very popular car in Ireland.

Advertisement