Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Brown Bin - questions

Options
13»

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

K09 wrote: »
    Hi,

What do people do with garden waste without a brown bin?

i used to bring to the recycling centre or throw it over the back garden wall;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

Does anyone know, please, if it's OK to put coal ash into a brown bin? It's not mentioned on the City Council page, and I've found a discussion on another forum with people say that it's both OK and not OK. I'm not gonna put it on today, but would like to know if anyone knows the definite answer!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

dubtom wrote: »
    Well I used to use one of those compost bins that DCC sell. After two years using it for garden waste I was left with a sludge which would probably have killed every plant in the garden if I'd used it as compost,I abandoned it when the green bin came. The brown bin is a godsend for garden waste,I got a little shredder that clears up the occasional pruning waste from the trees too,surprising how much will fit in the bin.
    Jesus, I inherited one of those garden composters from a former tennant, I don't think that anything ever actually composted in there. When I was getting rid of it there were, amidst the sludge, shockingly well preserved vegetable matter. I'm so happy to have the brown bin now.

Advertisement