Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Auction...Cheap Bicycles?

• 06-02-2008 1:29am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 597 ✭✭✭

Since the Annual Kevin Street bicycle auction seems to have disappeared, here's a link to the catalogue for one being held in Merlin Motors on Thursday. Might be some bargains. Or you might even see that bike you had stolen up on the block...:rolleyes:

http://content.ll-0.com/Merlin/Catalogue_7th_Feb_2008.pdf

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 950 ✭✭✭EamonnKeane

I'm liking item 14C, "1 bag of misc. items" - intriguing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Eh...why is this in the UCD forum exactly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Tayto2000

I'm in UCD, I cycle, and bicycles are somewhat in the news here at the moment if reports in the Tribune are to be believed.

There always used to be a good number of UCD students at the Kevin street auctions looking for some bargain wheels for the daily commute, pardon me for thinking some people here might be interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭MistressPandora

Presumably because the College Tribune has a report on how at least 4 bikes are stolen from UCD every day?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Hm...I should read newspapers more often....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭Eoin D

Cheers man, I've been looking for a cheap bike for quite a while, I'm sure competition will be feckin fierce though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

From what I've heard (so obv not rock solid info), most of the bikes get snapped up early in bulk by retailers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 charlietangodel

Presumably because the College Tribune has a report on how at least 4 bikes are stolen from UCD every day?

That would be right. I had my bike stolen from UCD last year. My feckin pride and joy it was too. Cu*ts.
    And the SU don't give a F*ck. Why the hell do they employ those security numptys? To drive around in their fecking gaz guzzling 4x4's? (cos we have so many off-road tracks around there dont we?!)

A few days after my bike was stolen last year, I was super sensitive to any suspicious characters on campus. If you open your eyes, its quite easy to see who the security guys should be keeping an eye on!
    (In this case, two Trackie-wearing knackers acting suspicously around the science block bike racks weilding a copy of the sun (dead giveaway)):cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭IT Loser

McAfee says BAD Merlin website!!!

Advertisement