Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which film (aka abuse of power)

• 06-02-2008 2:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭

I've a few films lined up, but can't decide which one to watch.

The poll will help.

It will close in about an hour.

First person to point out the lack of a poll get a swift kick in the nuts and a ban from AH because the thread has to be submitted before the thread.

Pick one for me because I'm lame. 19 votes

Duck Soup
    0% 0 votes
    The Big Lebowski
    10% 2 votes
    The Holy grail
    42% 8 votes
    Freeway 2 (best flm ever)
    31% 6 votes
    My Own Private Idaho
    5% 1 vote
    Drugstore Cowboy
    5% 1 vote
    Clerks
    5% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,913 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Terry wrote: »
    I've a few films lined up, but can't decide which one to watch.

The poll will help.

It will close in about an hour.

First person to point out the lack of a poll get a swift kick in the nuts and a ban from AH because the thread has to be submitted before the poll.

Fixed

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

You could have at least posted up what the options were in the post. I can't take the suspense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Shut up and vote.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Drugstore cowboy for the win.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

The big lebowski. Love that film.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I declare a mis-poll. What is this (best film ever) crap influencing voters in one of the poll options?
    I mean if Obama had some wanker following him around with a sign saying "Best black guy ever" that would certainly influence my vote. So screw you and your freeway 2 and your corrupt polling system, goddamn pol pot.

As long as I don't have to watch BBC news talking about Baaaw-raaaw-kkk obawwwwmawww (listen to American news readers), I don't care.

I declare a mis-poll. What is this (best film ever) crap influencing voters in one of the poll options?
    I mean if Obama had some wanker following him around with a sign saying "Best black guy ever" that would certainly influence my vote. So screw you and your freeway 2 and your corrupt polling system, goddamn pol pot.
    Quiet you.
    Freeway 2 is the best film ever made.
    I just threw it in because of its status as best film ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Have you seen The Big Lebowski before? It's gets better upon repeated viewings.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Still. Poll needs editing. Think of the corruption of innocent young minds. Think about the scandal that might ensue. Its Terry'sfilmchoicegate. I may have to take this to feedback.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

Watched the holy grail the other night for the first time in yonks - well worth checking out again. After that its gotta be the big lebowski 'he said to take any rug in the house' brilliant stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭!_Brian_!

the big lebowski

has to be - only watched it agian there the other day, some film!

Hmm. My Own Private Idaho is winning.
    A take on Shakespears' Henry IV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,018 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

The big lebowski. Love that film.

Yep a quality movie, just watched it recently for the first time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Duck Soup please!

Chicolini: Now I aska you one. What has a trunk, but no key, weighs 2,000 pounds and lives in a circus?

Prosecutor: That's irrelevant.

Chicolini: Irrelephant? Hey, that'sa that answer. There's a whole lot of irrelephants in the circus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

Why am I the only person who voted for the one you bracketed as "best film ever!?" :(

passive wrote: »
    Why am I the only person who voted for the one you bracketed as "best film ever!?" :(
    Maybe you saw it and saw how great a film it is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

No, I meant that the poll was for you to decide what you wanted to watch. I don't know a lot of those films so was trying to pick based on what you would like to see right now... so "best film ever" seemed like a deal breaker to me...

I've never seen/heard of that film, though looks interesting on IMDB. shall seek it out.

My Own Private Idaho wins.
    Duck Soup is next.

passive, I'll send you a copy if you want. (Freeway 2)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement