Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A&K m249 MKII discussion

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

does he have these yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

that's very odd alright, i see what you mean about the screws

rbd: he's getting them in soon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Arcto

I was very impressed withthe external build quality of these.
    Got to have a drool over Hunters one last week. Very solid heavy bit of kit.

Wasnt overly impressed by the ROF. My TM SG1 has a higher ROF with an 8.4 than the m249 with a 9.6.

Doesnt make sense really, allthough the battery in the m249 was a tiny MaH. Would that do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

They are a little differant from your normal v2/3 that most people would be used to in layout, but all the normal componets are there, as other have said they are very easy to work on, with the quick release spring and there layout there a breeze to take down and put back together.

Wasnt overly impressed by the ROF. My TM SG1 has a higher ROF with an 8.4 than the m249 with a 9.6

I think most of my aegs had a higher rof than my stock m249 but the point of the m249 gearbox is not its massive stock rof that not a support weapon really, its the fact it can do long burst without damaging/straining the gearbox, v2/3 gearbox are not really design for these types of long bursts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Spetzcong

Arcto wrote: »
    I was very impressed withthe external build quality of these.
    Got to have a drool over Hunters one last week. Very solid heavy bit of kit.

Wasnt overly impressed by the ROF. My TM SG1 has a higher ROF with an 8.4 than the m249 with a 9.6.

Doesnt make sense really, allthough the battery in the m249 was a tiny MaH. Would that do it?

The standard motor isn't the fastest in the world, and the gears are pretty heavy. The battery supplied with it is fine, the Mah would effect the length of time it lasts more than the ROF, with the new motor and other upgrades, I would estimate that mine is shooting 20 - 25 rps maybe more, I might get myself some high speed gears which would push up the ROF more, also I'm a little concerned about having a high speed motor in there pushing heavy high torque gears which in the long term won't be good for it.

Stock it shoots 14 - 16 rps allegedly, which is the exact same as the RS, but I don't suppose anyone toting an M249 out on the field wants to be outgunned by someone with a souped up assault rifle or pdw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Arcto

The shame of being owned by an mp5k PDW when ure toting an m249 would be unbearable :p

I dont think the one i had a look at was hitn over 10 rps, but thats just by the ear.

Lovly bit of kit though.

kdouglas wrote: »
    that's very odd alright, i see what you mean about the screws

rbd: he's getting them in soon

any disadvantage to the para version i like the idea of using it as a big assault rifle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Spetzcong

rbd wrote: »
    any disadvantage to the para version i like the idea of using it as a big assault rifle

The para is a lovely piece, its got a shorter outer barrel than the MKI/MKII, and the stock can be retracted so it's more manouverable, it's still a heavy mofo though, real heavy.

If you're planning on using it as an assault rifle I'd recommend perhaps looking at something lighter with a box mag. You'll be carrying around 9 or 10 kg worth of AEG with a para including ammo and boxmag, so while it's more manouverable than a full sized M249 it's still not something you're going to want to spend the day running around with. I'd say it's more of a highly mobile support weapon, the weight of it lends itself more to finding a good position and then laying down a base of fire for the rest of your team to assault than charging in guns blazing.

Of course I don't know you, perhaps you've got arms and legs like tree trunks, fill your tac vest with bricks and laugh at the thought of running around with a mere 10 kgs worth of AEG.

Its big its bulky the box mag makes a hell of a noise, you could use it in the same way as an assault rifle but kinda defeats the point of an assault rifle.

• Advertisement

Spetzcong wrote: »
    The para is a lovely piece, its got a shorter outer barrel than the MKI/MKII, and the stock can be retracted so it's more manouverable, it's still a heavy mofo though, real heavy.

If you're planning on using it as an assault rifle I'd recommend perhaps looking at something lighter with a box mag. You'll be carrying around 9 or 10 kg worth of AEG with a para including ammo and boxmag, so while it's more manouverable than a full sized M249 it's still not something you're going to want to spend the day running around with. I'd say it's more of a highly mobile support weapon, the weight of it lends itself more to finding a good position and then laying down a base of fire for the rest of your team to assault than charging in guns blazing.

Of course I don't know you, perhaps you've got arms and legs like tree trunks, fill your tac vest with bricks and laugh at the thought of running around with a mere 10 kgs worth of AEG.

cool thanks for the feedback
    i am in discussion with shiva as we speak
    for the laughing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭Miscreant

Just got my MKII today from Tony and all I can say is WOW. The weight of this monster is unreal. When I go to skirmish this I don't think I will be moving around much otherwise I will be completely wrecked after the day. You would need the arms of Arnold Swarzenegger to haul this around.
    Looks great though so I would highly recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Miscreant wrote: »
    Just got my MKII today from Tony and all I can say is WOW. The weight of this monster is unreal. When I go to skirmish this I don't think I will be moving around much otherwise I will be completely wrecked after the day. You would need the arms of Arnold Swarzenegger to haul this around.
    Looks great though so I would highly recommend it.

i said the same, but nothing beats sticking it under your arm and just walking with it, its amazing how many people keep their heads down from it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭Miscreant

"Time to take Ol' Painless out of the bag!"
    Blain - Predator.

Priceless!!! :D

Advertisement