Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easy electives

Options
  • 06-02-2008 3:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭

I know this was discussed at the start of this academic yr, but are there any electives people are finding extremely easy at the mo as I need to change one of mine.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭mac123

japanese is very easy, probably the same for all beginner languages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Ernie Ball

Dropping out is easy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Intro to Quantitive Economics is a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

Introduction to Differential Calculus. If you passed Leaving Cert maths (which you did, since you're in UCD) you'll be laughing all the way to the bank. Some of it is Junior Cert actually...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭stolenwine

That's shocking :rolleyes: is there a colouring in module?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

anything in Woman Studies is a joke. I hear its pretty easy too :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

intro to programming all the way easy marks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Grimes wrote:
    anything in Woman Studies is a joke.
    Rofl. Feminist baiting at it's best.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭*Hank Scorpio*

1st year modules ofcourse. Try some psychology ones are even archaeolgy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 McCant88

introduction to the humanities: study skills!
    piece of pisch fairly easy

intro to psych was handy aswell....
    heard cities geography and physical geog 1st year is easy enough!
    DO NOT do human geog I or II

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭PennyLane

Grimes wrote: »
    anything in Woman Studies is a joke. I hear its pretty easy too :cool:

Just like your mom.

(Sorry, but since you'd set it up so nicely...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭ant043

intro to quantitative economics is so so so easy. Physical Fitness aint too bad either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

McCant88 wrote: »
    intro to psych was handy aswell....
    heard cities geography and physical geog 1st year is easy enough!
    DO NOT do human geog I or II

i didn't find physical geography anyway easy when i was in 1st year, maybe it has changed alot since then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 boardian

intro to massage just an in course assesment which you get the questions for before hand then a 5 minute practical.. simple!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I'd like to revive this so I can get some ideas!

I'm going into final year, so some GPA-boosters would be great :pac:

I heard that there is a Level 3 web design module which is really really basic and easy.... I did a similar one in Level 2, so if there's another in Level 3 that would be great.

Other than that, just keep firing away :)

tis pretty mad that we can do Level 1 modules...

Go here and type web into the search box while ticking the level 2 and 3 boxes and you get three results.
    The IS30020 one sounds like what you're after but both sound handy enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Économiste Monétaire

I'm going into final year, so some GPA-boosters would be great
    I already posted this but: ECON10030, STAT10010, POL20130.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Also comp10030

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭*Hank Scorpio*

Yes, good BUMP. I need 2 atleast as I need to try and get a 2.1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭WellCultured

Geography of Cities GEOG10020 (I think) is a great elective, the lecturer was great and i got an A by going to 10 lectures, putting a little effort into an easy and reading straight through the notes on the morning of the exam, the exam itself seemed to be based entirely on the notes in a linear fashion.

Introduction to Computer Forensics. Joe Carthy does this one, interesting and easy module. As a bonus the exam is done in the last week of term getting it out of the way before the others. I would also consider this module useful as you learn about the different kind of threats to your security on the internets etc.

I'm looking for some electives that would be easy for a comp sci student such as web design, computer basics (i know thats taking the piss but doing an english module isn't gonna help me either), programming (non java if possible), hardware, information studies, etc? anyone help me out?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭sarz55

What does anyone think of taking a foreign language module as an elective with no previous knowledge of the language?
    would this be worth it or too much work to take on, if heading into final year. Assuming absolutely 0 familiarity with the language, i mean...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Why not put in the extra effort and do a module which may benefit you when life begins after college?

sarz55 wrote:
    What does anyone think of taking a foreign language module as an elective with no previous knowledge of the language?
    The beginner language modules are very handy. I've done two, Spanish and Japanese. If you go to the lectures every week you'll sail through. Beginners Spanish is the easiest.
    BrightEyes wrote:
    Why not put in the extra effort and do a module which may benefit you when life begins after college?
    That's fine in any years that don't count towards your degree. However if you're in your final year and UCD is forcing you to deal with bs outside your area then you should maximise your returns by taking something piss easy.
    threats to your security on the internets
    That's right, all of your internets :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Most level 1 language courses are piss easy - I did Japanese level 1 (I went on to do level 2 and 3 later on) and the examinable material is very, very easy.
    Why not do something fun/interesting?

BrightEyes wrote: »

Because every module counts toward my GPA and my degree, so why should i put in a large amount of effort into something i didn't come to college to study and consequently have less time to devote to my core and option modules? I'm no slacker i've consistently had a high 2.1 every semester (and the only thing dragging a first down to 2.1 territory was some poorly chosen electives and some problems in a few math modules).

booo.....

IS30020: Web Publishing says under 'incompatibles': Web Multimedia: An Overview(COMP20030).

Should I take it that I can't do it if (as is the case) I have already done COMP20030, or is it by any chance just that they can't be taken at the same time/year?

They're probably the exact same really

Seifer wrote: »
    That's right, all of your internets :eek:

Well I mean all YOUR internets are belong to me after all.:p

Dave! wrote: »
    booo.....

IS30020: Web Publishing says under 'incompatibles': Web Multimedia: An Overview(COMP20030).

Should I take it that I can't do it if (as is the case) I have already done COMP20030, or is it by any chance just that they can't be taken at the same time/year?

They're probably the exact same really
    From my other thread:

Incompatible Modules – students cannot be awarded credit for the module and also be awarded credit for any of the modules listed as incompatible modules because of the similarity of their learning outcomes

So yes, you cannot take the module :pac: (you won't be awarded the credits for taking it)

UCD_Econ wrote: »
    From my other thread:

Incompatible Modules – students cannot be awarded credit for the module and also be awarded credit for any of the modules listed as incompatible modules because of the similarity of their learning outcomes

So yes, you cannot take the module :pac:
    Scheiss.... :(

• Advertisement

STAT10010, scan through pages 1 to 100 of "Seeing through statistics". The lecturer copies their hand written slides from this, but they won't announce that so people will attend ;) Easy A+. I believe there's all of about one formula to learn.

It's probably an easier choice than the computer elective.

Advertisement