Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easy electives

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭seadog9

Some of the applied languages are meant to be easy, or so I've been told ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

seadog9 wrote: »
    Some of the applied languages are meant to be easy, or so I've been told ;)
    Correct. All the level 1 courses are very, very easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,009 ✭✭✭✭bnt

If you find you don't like your elective is it possible to change it in the first week or so or are you stuck with it?
    This semester just gone, I changed mine after the first lecture, since the one I chose had prerequisites that were not documented online. "In last year's course, you saw (whatever)"... but I didn't do last year's course. The lecturer told me that, for some reason, he was not allowed to specify prerequisites in the course information, as required as they actually were. :rolleyes:

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭samsamson

How difficult is the Japanese elective for beginners, the course which requires you have no prior knowledge of the language? I think it's an ALC course?

The same level course in Spanish was grand. Is Japanese significantly harder?

I've heard people say because of the different alphabets and things that it's very tricky, and others say that it's a total walk in the park.

It's not particularly difficult, as long as you put the effort in. You'll have to learn the hiragana and a few katakana (your name etc).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I just registered for Computer Forensics :) Sounds interesting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Dave! wrote: »
    I just registered for Computer Forensics :) Sounds interesting

Im doing it aswell.Its supposed to be piss easily and very interesting aswell.The only thing is that the final exam tends to be on the last day of term

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

seeing i will have 5 heavy subjects this sem ,i defo should drop the radiology elective( which i think it will be similar to my other subjects and get this fancy course name on my CV :pac:)

can anyone recommend any subject with really few notes to study(maths based etc,related to business) .i tried the intro of quantitative economics but it clashes with my unknown class (pfff stupid system).i might go in to sort it out or i need an other easy module.can do any maths caused' i m probably not allowed to take any easy maths module anymore :(

any help would be great!!thank you in advance!

found this Business Information Systems (MIS20030),anyone can comment on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

I don't have any more electives. Ever. Time for real college :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

think i should settle this sh!te as soon as possible :pac:

can any one comment on any easy business/finance subject?the core subjects timetable is freaking full actually :S

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭lemon_sherbert

Breezer wrote: »

I've never had any electives. Apparently B&L don't deserve them:confused:

Breezer wrote: »
    Meh, I've no electives this year. Kinda wish I did, some variety would be nice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 alysonay

The easiest elective I did were Health across the life span, cant remember the code but it was a nursing one.There was no exam, just a poster that had to be made to promote a topic covered in lectures, mine was effects of drinking during pregnancy. Had to then write a short essay on why ur poster would help promote it. These were end of semester submission, I got a B+ and did the whole thing in 2 days.

Intro to stats is also really easy, and Food diet and health.

Im going to be starting Information Design as my elective this semester. has anyone done this? Is it easy enough to get a handy mark?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 TonyRomo

seraphimvc wrote: »
    seeing i will have 5 heavy subjects this sem ,i defo should drop the radiology elective( which i think it will be similar to my other subjects and get this fancy course name on my CV :pac:)

can anyone recommend any subject with really few notes to study(maths based etc,related to business) .i tried the intro of quantitative economics but it clashes with my unknown class (pfff stupid system).i might go in to sort it out or i need an other easy module.can do any maths caused' i m probably not allowed to take any easy maths module anymore :(

any help would be great!!thank you in advance!

found this Business Information Systems (MIS20030),anyone can comment on it?

Dont do that, there are so many easier electives which if your slightly good at maths you'll get an A+.

These have very few note taking. Im not that bright but got A+'s in all of these by just attending the tutorials, no lectures in these

Maths for Bus 1
    Maths for Bus 2
    Matrices & Vectors
    Intermediate Quants. its just as easy as intro but dont know if you need a prequisite.

If your good at stats

Any level 1 stats. easy and extremely useful as i think knowing probability is the most important thing possible.

What course are you in and i could help cuz a lot of mine electives overlapped with my core so i was studying the same thing which was great.

Plus dont do any joke subjects or unrelated subjects like nursing if you do B&L ( and vice versa ) for e.g. because in interviews for good jobs theyll go through you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 TonyRomo

oh make sure you save your best ones for your final year. I made that mistake, wasting them in 1st year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭McNuggy

hey folks.. i remember readin this thread at start of the year n seein sumthin bout a photography/av module or sumthin... least i hope it wast this forum :p anyway.. it sounded really cool... anybody know what im talkin about or module codes or anythin ???
    cheers
    R

Advertisement