Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maniac 2000 - Knacker Choon Or Absolute Classic?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Anthem of a generation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Serpentine

eamon234 wrote: »
    Music by an idiot for idiots. Possibly the most stupid vocal ever and that's saying something.Words can't describe how much I hate that f***ing song. I'd rather piss on an electric fence than listen to it!

This is great! :D Nice to know I'm not just insane when I'm the only drunk person a) not knowing the words and b) feeling like projectile vomitting all over the idiots chanting yeah yeah yeah etc at me :mad: :mad: :confused:

I clearly don't drink half enough to get the appeal of this cream cracker track

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

That is not possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Xavi6 wrote: »
    But that's what it's all about to be fair! It's a cheesy song that instantly reminds you of the year 2000, whether you like it or not. I don't think I've ever seen another song get so many people onto a dancefloor in a club.

That says so much more about the clubs you go to than the track in question.

I'll also chime in with support for the original, even though it's cheese. HCeese in a good way...not the type that leaves a bad aftertaste.
    BTW just on the definition of this track as "knacker choon"...that's probably not really a fair tag...I know plenty of people who aren't knackers that like this track, and would be of the same sad persuasion as the rest of the herd to run to the floor when it came on...and I know a fair few people who to some might be considered knackers that would sooner listen to Mozart than this sh*t.
    Absolute classic? Absolute bollocks more like...

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Mrs. D'arcy

I love it too. Think it's definetly a generation thing, I'm the same age as OP, don't generally like dance music but that song brings back the memories!
    "Will your friend meet my friend?"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Wertz wrote: »
    That says so much more about the clubs you go to than the track in question.

I'll also chime in with support for the original, even though it's cheese. HCeese in a good way...not the type that leaves a bad aftertaste.
    BTW just on the definition of this track as "knacker choon"...that's probably not really a fair tag...I know plenty of people who aren't knackers that like this track, and would be of the same sad persuasion as the rest of the herd to run to the floor when it came on...and I know a fair few people who to some might be considered knackers that would sooner listen to Mozart than this sh*t.
    Absolute classic? Absolute bollocks more like...

Of course the thread title is a sweeping generalistaion but it's no secret that the song is commonly associated with glow sticks, peak caps and Ben Sherman shirts. I'm no cream crakcer either. I'm sure your mates are lovely so don't take it to heart.
    I love it too. Think it's definetly a generation thing, I'm the same age as OP, don't generally like dance music but that song brings back the memories!
    "Will your friend meet my friend?"

"Here young wan, gissa ware" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

****e track, I hated back when it came out and I still cringe when it gets played in clubs

Advertisement