Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paddys day (well the 15th)

Options
  • 06-02-2008 10:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭

What are people doin on the Saturday since paddys has been changed or has it??? anyway just wondering me and the gf coming down and wondering who'd be about and if people would be up for pints? (stupid question i know!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

I'm gonna be 100ft under....

.... Gonna be in Donegal scuba diving. I'm happy to be diving, but would like to be in Galway for Paddys day. I've decided to bring a case of Buckie for that weekend to remind me of Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bass Cadet

The Kafflick Church have officially changed it to the Saturday! (15th March) Figured this out after much pub debate. Can't have 2 holy days on the one day (Monday), we'd all burn in Hell apparantly.

Looks like I'll be in Galway for it as I'm too late to book off holidays for work. We have the monday (17th) off, the following friday (good friday) and the monday. Missed an opportunity there to take the whole week :mad:

Anyway, back on topic. As usual for Paddys day, Galway will be full of people sh1t-faced and falling on their arses by 1pm -fantastic. Best bet is to get to a good pub with good music, early and stay there. Maybe Tig Coilí for this drunkard

Did the cops close the off-licences last year??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

the mass stuff is on the saturday but the drinkin and parade are still gonna be on the 17th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Bass Cadet wrote: »
    As usual for Paddys day, Galway will be full of people sh1t-faced and falling on their arses by 1pm -fantastic.

And for that reason i usually stay away,kids and minks everywhere spewing their guts up:rolleyes:.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

JohnCleary wrote: »
    I'm gonna be 100ft under....

.... Gonna be in Donegal scuba diving. I'm happy to be diving, but would like to be in Galway for Paddys day. I've decided to bring a case of Buckie for that weekend to remind me of Galway

where in donegal? and don't say off the coast! where ya stayin?

and in response to the wans sayin about people being rat arsed by one and falling everywhere? stay the **** away from them people ya can sit in a quiet(ish) place in a pub and have a bit of craic with yer mates and watch the rugby or something too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭CerebralCortex

I'll be in Austria thank the universe!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

id say he is goin diving in muff!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

danniemcq wrote: »
    where in donegal? and don't say off the coast! where ya stayin?

and in response to the wans sayin about people being rat arsed by one and falling everywhere? stay the **** away from them people ya can sit in a quiet(ish) place in a pub and have a bit of craic with yer mates and watch the rugby or something too

Diving @ St. John's point. Stayin in Dunconeely (sp?)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Parade, etc on the Monday around 2:30pm, afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Fracture

Bass Cadet wrote: »

Did the cops close the off-licences last year??

They did yeah, it took them a while tho. They closed them around 5 o'clock last year, but they only closed the main ones where the crowd were.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

I'll just be back from France.

First Paddy's day in Ireland in about 7 years...

Advertisement